Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium vs Free issue

Premium vs Free issue

Having dropped Spotify Premium to free to use Apple Music for the past 6 months, I decided to check on Spotify. I saw the newly updated screenshots in the App Store, downloaded Spotify, logged in and started learning the new UI. I decided aw, what the **bleep**. I'll pay for premium again and give it another shot. As soon as I started paying for premium again, the app switched over to the old nasty UI that I hated so much. Why is it that when I'm not paying for premium I get the nice new UI, but as soon as I pay for premium it reverts to the old trashy UI? I also seem to be one of few that actually wanted this new UI. So I'm incredibly disappointed, and **bleep** off, to be honest. It's like I was shown something new and shiny, tricked into paying money and then all the glitter fell off to reveal a rusty piece of metal.

2 Replies

Hey @user-removed Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Currently the new UI is for the free version of Spotify. Eventually the UI will be switched over to the Premium Spotify Users, however, I haven't heard when that is going to happen.

Keanu_C

If that's true that's kinda crappy. That’s like advertising a pretty shiny new Camero on a billboard. Then  going to the dealership, seeing the shiny new Camero, test driving it then saying, sure I’ll buy it. Only to have the dealer remove the leather seats, scuff up the dashboard, crack the windshield, slash a tire and key the paint right after you pay for it and say yeah… a Camero in good condition is only for free test drivers. We destroy it once you pay for it. That’s what you wanted isn’t it? To have it become an eyesore and looking like nothing like what you test drove a few minutes prior to buying it? No? Oh… sorry.. well we might fix that for you at some point. Maybe… probably not.

Suggested posts