Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPod touch 6)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

Spotify will periodically auto-update.  When it does it deletes all of the local files that I have stored in my playlist.  It is very hard to get the local files into Spotify and is extremely time-consuming.  Each file has to be added one by one and one set of steps does not always result in the local files being added.  Consequently, I need to prevent Spotify from auto-updating unless anyone knows of a better solution.  I've seen on the internet solutions for preventing auto-update with Windows Desktop Spotify but not with Spotify available for iPhone or iPod.  One solution is to download an old version of Spotify but I can't figure out how to do that.

In this thread

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Any-way-to-prevent-the-auto-updating/td-p/3406571

they mention a play store button but I can't find it.

1 Reply

Hey there @kylefoley76!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We'd like to start by mentioning that the updates shouldn't remove your local files. We can suggest that you try reinstalling the app on your iPod and clear your cache to see if that helps.

We don't recommend using older version of the app or blocking automatic updates as that will prevent you from getting the latest fixes and features that we offer.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts