Family Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPad Pro 2018

Operating System

iOS 12.1.3 

My Question or Issue

Suddenly today some of my previously saved (not downloaded) albums in my Spotify "Your Library" are visible in both my album library and recently played lists but display the following message when I try to play them with the album cover grayed out and no songs listed and no save button:

"You haven't saved anything from [album name]. Save this album to keep it in Your Library."

I get this message on all my devices-iPhone, iPad and Mac.  What's up with this?

11 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Previously Saved Albums Shown as Not Saved and Un-playable

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Could you try that with another Spotify account?

Does trying a different network connection help?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

BudMan1
Music Fan

Thank you for taking the time to try to help me.  As I said before, this problem is occurring on all my devices which also include an iPhone and an iMac.  The problem is the same on both iOS devices with the just a blank gray square and circle in place of the album cover and no save button.  On the macOS device the album cover is there as is the save button, but no songs and the message: "You haven't saved anything from [album title]. Save this album to keep it in Your Library."

If I hadn't already saved the album it wouldn't be listed or shown under "Albums" in "Your Library" to begin with.  It is not all albums that I have saved, probably well less than half but a significant number nonetheless and appears random with regard to when the album was saved or the album name.  However it does appear that where I have more than one album saved by a particular artist, it happens with all of that artist's albums. Since this is happening on both iOS devices and on my Mac (all of which have up to date OS's and Spotify App's), I would think it is some problem with my account. This is somewhat suspicious since I just upgraded from a single Premium acct. to a Family Premium acct. last week though I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

One thing I accidentally discovered while trying to do a screen shot on the iPad so I could attach it is that if I use either the "top" button on the iPad or right side button on my iPhone to lock the device while the app screen with the issue is open, when I unlock the device it then shows the actual album cover (rather than blank gray cover) and adds the Save button even though it still does not list the songs and has the same message about saving the album if I want I want to keep it in my library.

I had noticed while searching online for a solution that someone a couple of years ago in 2016 had received this same message and someone with Spotify replied that it was a new experimental feature they were trying in order to "streamline" the users music library for them and asked for feedback which I can only imagine though that was not posted.  The other thing I have noted on this forum is people complaining that in their list of "Saved Songs" Spotify was now displaying all the albums from which those songs derived.  I have noticed where I used to only have a few individually saved songs, now under my Saved Songs it shows every song from every saved album.

I wish there were someone at Spotify I could communicate with about this but I guess that's not possible even though they are now collecting $15/ month from me?  Anyway I appreciate any insights that your or any other forum members may have as this is quite a frustrating development with what is otherwise a very good service.  I have attached a screenshot from my iPad that shows the app screen at issue.  Thanks again.

IMG_0023.jpg

BudMan1
Music Fan

Spotify app version no. 8.4.92.1055 and the previous was 8.4.91.903 that I had updated yesterday.

BudMan1
Music Fan

Also tried turning devices off and back on as you suggested and also tried on cellular as well as wifi, but nothing solves this problem.  Sorry for multiple posts but forum software didn't like something in original single post.

3 people liked this

yoloswagga47
Music Fan

I have this issue too. It's occurring on my Android and Macbook so I assume it's a new update that's been pushed rather than a bug.

I always separated my saved single songs under Songs, and then saved my favorite albums under Albums. Now when I go to the Albums tab, it's a mess of all the album covers of the single songs I've saved. And when I hit the 'Save' button on an entire album, it also pushes each individual song to my Songs library.

If this is the way Spotify organizes it now, what is even the point of having separate Songs and Albums tabs? They are the same libraries now, but one is displayed as a list and the other as an array of album covers. This is incredibly frustrating and after 2 years of paying Premium and never having an issue, I'm ready to leave the service if it doesn't get fixed.

1 person liked this

BudMan1
Music Fan

See "All saved albums now empty" under "Ongoing Issues" tab on this site as there are several others having what are essentially these same Song and Album problems as well.

yoloswagga47
Music Fan

Sounds good yeah, I'm also trying to bump the topic so Spotify support sees it

1 person liked this

BudMan1
Music Fan

Yes, I kind of get the feeling that there is no help forthcoming from Spotify.  Don't know how to get their attention as I am sure there are many more having this problem since it seems to be happening across all platforms.  Rockstar user Loxer had previously indicated that they would try to help but seem to have moved on to other topics. Anyone know how to keep this current other than to keep updating post since there is no resolution?  Can't believe Spotify essentially has no customer support but then again that is the way with a lot of online only companies it seems.

2 people liked this

dsannuto
Casual Listener

I've also been experiencing the same issue, and not only is it frustrating, but makes for a terrible user experience. I'm also a premium member and have been experiencing nothing but issues with Spotify for the past year. I'm a huge fan of this streaming service however, I am seriously considering dropping and going elsewhere. I've been on top of all the updates as of late but it's been causing nothing but problems - first with my Friend Activity and now this.

I'm really hoping this is just a glitch because if this is a new feature moving forward, Spotify should seriously reconsider. There's no point in having an "Albums" and "Songs" section when they're the exact same library. It's a complete mess!

SUGGESTED POSTS