Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with playing songs in order

Solved!

Problem with playing songs in order

Thanks you for reading my question. I am new to Spotify and just love it.  I listen all day at work in offline mode.
I listen on my I-phone 3G via the Spotify iOS 4 mobile App. 
Sometimes I would like to listen to the songs in a playlist in order, but it does not seem there is a way to do this. If I tap a song and play it, when it is done it does not play the next song. Instead, it plays a random song as if I had hit the shuffle play button. 
Also, it would be nice if the mobile app had a "Queue" feature like it does when I use Spotify on my laptop. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

It probably is that the Shuffle function is indeed turned on. On your "Now Playing" screen, tap the "i" button in the top corner and then you should be able to see the shuffle function.

photo (2).PNG

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you so much.

That solved my problem.

Marked as solution

Thank you! I am so grateful for special people like you who can actually 1:Access your thinker tank, 2: Use your smarts, 3: Remember the solution for me, or for you next time this change happens to you (you see, I actually played a different playlist on shuffle before this time listening to Lana Del Rey's new album : Super violent" I think it's called. Oh, wait, "Ultraviolence," that's right,) but I wanted to hear her story one song after another. Hopefully the 1%ers, assistant's assistant, and his younger brother, well, it's that younger brother's gran kids grand kid's hands now...he always forgets their names! They run the corporation that owns the 59 corporations under the corporations that took over his corporation, (he made big bucks on that corporate joining of hands! ) Anyway, I hope the music execs under the fore-named corporate music joining of hands didn't decide Lana's album's song order, draining her story out of her with high priced drugs, long trips to the Virgin Islands to the West Coast, vintage Hollywood in her rose colored sunglasses, and back to the streets of NY she is given designer clothing so she can live a life tat encourages her creativity to blossom, besides they created her to be a certain type, loves to die, overdose, **bleep** hard, eat only the best, cums all the time-as if she's from the streets of NY? Wait is it her or Iggy that wait Iggy A. (I get her and Az. Bank's names mixed up Azelia, Azelea, whatevs, anyway, started out on her own from Australia to NY, was it the Bronx? I don't remember but she worked her ass off "started on the bottom now we heah," so did Lana, for that matter. Ok, so I'm a bit strange, LIKE YOU'RE NOT?!! Sorry that got long, but anyway the point is that I forgot the solution and you didn't. I forgot that I set it diff'ly and so ur smart cuz memory, and. 4: you are smart and a good person to come on here and share that knowledge for people like me who share the Dream of a better, kinder world... Ps Lana's album has 5 or 6 great songs like every other album that has 14 songs or more! Thanks for loving others and being completely amazing!

image.jpg
10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey!

It probably is that the Shuffle function is indeed turned on. On your "Now Playing" screen, tap the "i" button in the top corner and then you should be able to see the shuffle function.

photo (2).PNG

Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

Thank you so much.

That solved my problem.

Thank you! I also didnt' know how to get mine to stop playing random. Maybe it would make more sense to have that large "shuffle play" button highlight when the random mode is engaged?

Where is it on the Android App?

Perhaps this is related to the first question in this string: Is there a way, while playing shuffle, to connect several tracks together so they always play together, ie: several movements of a symphony? Thanks!

Marked as solution

Thank you! I am so grateful for special people like you who can actually 1:Access your thinker tank, 2: Use your smarts, 3: Remember the solution for me, or for you next time this change happens to you (you see, I actually played a different playlist on shuffle before this time listening to Lana Del Rey's new album : Super violent" I think it's called. Oh, wait, "Ultraviolence," that's right,) but I wanted to hear her story one song after another. Hopefully the 1%ers, assistant's assistant, and his younger brother, well, it's that younger brother's gran kids grand kid's hands now...he always forgets their names! They run the corporation that owns the 59 corporations under the corporations that took over his corporation, (he made big bucks on that corporate joining of hands! ) Anyway, I hope the music execs under the fore-named corporate music joining of hands didn't decide Lana's album's song order, draining her story out of her with high priced drugs, long trips to the Virgin Islands to the West Coast, vintage Hollywood in her rose colored sunglasses, and back to the streets of NY she is given designer clothing so she can live a life tat encourages her creativity to blossom, besides they created her to be a certain type, loves to die, overdose, **bleep** hard, eat only the best, cums all the time-as if she's from the streets of NY? Wait is it her or Iggy that wait Iggy A. (I get her and Az. Bank's names mixed up Azelia, Azelea, whatevs, anyway, started out on her own from Australia to NY, was it the Bronx? I don't remember but she worked her ass off "started on the bottom now we heah," so did Lana, for that matter. Ok, so I'm a bit strange, LIKE YOU'RE NOT?!! Sorry that got long, but anyway the point is that I forgot the solution and you didn't. I forgot that I set it diff'ly and so ur smart cuz memory, and. 4: you are smart and a good person to come on here and share that knowledge for people like me who share the Dream of a better, kinder world... Ps Lana's album has 5 or 6 great songs like every other album that has 14 songs or more! Thanks for loving others and being completely amazing!
image.jpg

my shuffle is not on but it still randomizes I don't know why

Me too! I'm new to sportify and love it but this was my only problem, I'm a yoga teacher and to have songs in order is crucial, thank you so

much!

Thank you. That sorted it for me too

I cannot find that "i"button in the top corner in my "iphone SE". Grateful for any help...

Suggested posts