Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with sync local files

Solved!

Problem with sync local files

So, I have to devices, iPhone and iPad (mini). Both have Spotify on them. The trouble is, that some songs are impossible to sync from my computer to the Spotify app. Like, if I have a song on my computer, add it to the Spotify and it works there, and open Spotify from my phone or iPad, nothing happens. Or, what happens that the names of the songs etc. appear in the list I put the them in, but they're grey, and once I try to play it, it just says that I need to sync it. It doesn't happen allways with every song, but with some of them. Like if I add 5 songs, 3 might come and two not. Or I might be able to play them on my iPhone, but not on my iPad.

Now I tried to re-install the app on my tablet, but what happened is that now it says I have no local fles. While according to my computer I should have 201 (my iPhone shows 86 - for some reasong all of the do not even show in the list, and there's just free black space in the end of it)....

And all of my devices are hooked on the same wireless network, and there's enough space for the song (for exemple on my iPad there's 7,5Gt og free space).

So, any ideas what the problem might be?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I am having the same issue.  I was told by Spotify support that this feature is no longer available.

Hey Robert,

Thanks for your response.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use the app like you could before.

We’re working on improving the way local files are synced to mobile devices from the desktop app. The option should return soon

We can't say if or when any specific features will be back. But as soon as we’ve got anything to announce, we’ll let everyone know over on the Spotify Community.

Let us know if you’ve got any other feedback.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,

Fadua ♫♫

View solution in original post

11 Replies

You have to make the playlist on your phone available offline. Watch it magically show up.

**Yo dude that's just life.**

Just do this
image.jpg

Yes, that's the notification I get. But I've already done all of that and it doesn't help...

Well, when i did it, first i used my computer and turned the playlist into an offline playlist, waited til it was done. Then I switched my phone to the same wifi as my computer. Because I have two different bandwiths. Then i also put my phone's playlist into offline mode and bam, its went from gray to normal.

When your phone is syncing make sure you leave the app open as well, and DO NOT let your lock screen turn on.

Cheers.

Right on. So you got it to work then?

I'm having the exact same problem and have followed all of the steps to a tee. I even deleted the app then reinstalled (which was a pain cause I have well over 2000 songs synced). But for some reason the same songs cannot sync, despite the fact that I have the file on my computer and it will play consistently on my computer. The weird thing is the songs worked for awhile and then turned gray, despite also having a green arrow (the thing that shows it is synced) next to the song name. It's been going on for about a month now and it's getting to be really annoying switching between iTunes music and Spotify all the time.

Check your spotify setting in the desktop/laptop version. Click on edit, then go to preferences and scroll down to local files and make sure you have all of these highlighted
image.jpg

If that doesn't work then that's all I got 😕
Marked as solution

I am having the same issue.  I was told by Spotify support that this feature is no longer available.

Hey Robert,

Thanks for your response.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use the app like you could before.

We’re working on improving the way local files are synced to mobile devices from the desktop app. The option should return soon

We can't say if or when any specific features will be back. But as soon as we’ve got anything to announce, we’ll let everyone know over on the Spotify Community.

Let us know if you’ve got any other feedback.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,

Fadua ♫♫

Ok. Well, good to know that it's not just me or my devices the. Hope it's going to work soon again! Though I did manage to get 1 of the 2 songs I wanted to today...

Suggested posts