Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems downloading playlists

Solved!

Problems downloading playlists

After a thorough search through the forums I have followed all the advice but am still having problems. I would be hugely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I have used a template I found in a previous (old) thread to explain:

Description:
Spotify has enabled offline availability of many of my playlists but has now stopped downloading with only a few playlists left to download. I have tried all of your suggestions, even factory resetting my device and re-installing Spotify but it hasn't worked.
I don't have a space issue - my iPod touch is 64Gb and I have approx 47Gb available. I only use it for music and only via Spotify.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?
yes - I even did a factory reset to clear everything off the device and then reinstalled Spotify again. It downloaded about 10Gb of playlists then stopped working with approx 47Gb available.

What I expected to happen
That I could download all of my playlists on to my iPod and use it as my primary music device

What actually happened
Spotify has stopped downloading despite having huge amounts of space available

Device model
iPod touch

Device’s Operating System
iOS 6.1.6

Is your device rooted?
I don't know what that means, it's as it was when I got it

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?
Again, don't know what this is. I haven't altered the device since I bought it.

My mobile Spotify version
1.4.1.4 premium account

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)
N/A

My mobile provider and country
UK, mobile provider N/A for this device - I have Virgin high speed broadband

Username
Vicki Scurrah - sign in using facebook

Fingers crossed that someone can help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Vicki,

it sounds like you're saving a lot of music for offline access. It might be helpful to know that a Premium account allows for 10,000 songs to be saved offline, across 3 devices max.

So if you have other music saved on your account on other devices, you might be exceeding the limit perhaps?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Actually, I believe the per-device limit is 3,333 songs. 17GB of music sounds right for about 3000-4000 songs.

Spread across 3 devices, that makes up the 10,000 offline song limit.

Marked as solution

Yea I only recently found out about it, too. To be fair, very rarely am I frequently ever listening to 3000+ songs enough to warrant storing them online. I normally cycle through saving playlists with music I listen to on repeat based on the evolution of my music taste.

Marked as solution

Yeah I can't see myself wanting to download over 3,000 songs. I have quite a few downloaded songs now, but that's just due to the annoying bug where my Spotify crashes when I try to search a song and listen to it. Hopefully Spotify will fix that soon. But still with that being said, I only have around 300-400 songs downloaded.

Rockin them drums

12 Replies

Perhaps your Premium account has expired?

Rockin them drums
Marked as solution

Hi Vicki,

it sounds like you're saving a lot of music for offline access. It might be helpful to know that a Premium account allows for 10,000 songs to be saved offline, across 3 devices max.

So if you have other music saved on your account on other devices, you might be exceeding the limit perhaps?
Marked as solution

Actually, I believe the per-device limit is 3,333 songs. 17GB of music sounds right for about 3000-4000 songs.

Spread across 3 devices, that makes up the 10,000 offline song limit.

Interesting. I was not aware that Spotify had a song limit. Nice to know.

Rockin them drums
Marked as solution

Yea I only recently found out about it, too. To be fair, very rarely am I frequently ever listening to 3000+ songs enough to warrant storing them online. I normally cycle through saving playlists with music I listen to on repeat based on the evolution of my music taste.
Marked as solution

Yeah I can't see myself wanting to download over 3,000 songs. I have quite a few downloaded songs now, but that's just due to the annoying bug where my Spotify crashes when I try to search a song and listen to it. Hopefully Spotify will fix that soon. But still with that being said, I only have around 300-400 songs downloaded.

Rockin them drums

I didn't know that either. Given that my Premium account is paid by direct debit I'm going to go with vyxl's suggestion that I am at my download limit. Thank you so much for replying, both of you. I really appreciate your help.

vxyl you are a star. I've 'deleted' a couple of the bigger playlists and the others downloaded automatically. Thank you once again!

Wonderful! Glad I could help!

Can I download my playlist on a UBS? Or DISK?

Sounds like my problem. I have a significant amount of offline tracks and playlists that are no longer playable in my iPhone 5s. I don't play them on any other device or computer. What gives? I even tried searching for one of the song to see if it'll play while in the search field (instead of playing through my playlist) and it still doesn't work. I've been a prime member for a few years now and this has never happened before. Hoping someone can help.

Spotify doesn't allow songs to be stored in any media forms unless you're using their Spotify applications on the individual platforms.

You can't just copy out songs from the service to any thumbdrive or what.. The songs are licensed and it is locked in the service.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts