Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems rearranging playlist.

Solved!

Problems rearranging playlist.

I can no longer rearrange the spotify playlist on my iphone, why? It started being like that after the last update.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This feature will be back in an iOS update coming early 2013.

This iOS update will also include the new follow features that Spotify just announced.

This might be a full redesigned upgrade... (saw some teases on Spotify's YouTube channel)

View this thread to see why the feature has been temporarily removed:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Song-ORDER/td-p/195028

"We decided to remove the feature temporarily so we didn't have to delay releasing 0.5.9, because there were a lot of crashes while editing a playlist, tracks not ending up where they should etc. We will introduce the feature again in an upcoming release as soon as possible."

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey 🙂

As far as I am aware, this functionality was removed in the last update, not really sure why!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah, lucky for me. I don't update very quickly. My wife updates immediatley, so she noticed right away that for some reason. She instantly went from loving her app and subscription to hating it. So I get to hear an earful of this regularly, in case I ever think updating is a good idea 🙂

Spotify thought it would be a fantastic idea to take away the ability to edit playlists from your mobile device. Why would anyone want to edit a playist on the go, anyway, right?

I'm not sure what they were thinking. The idea of having to find a computer to download the desktop version to in order to edit a playlist seems kind of like kind of a pain. Since my wife also complains about the fact that the removal of this feature wasn't posted in the update, I have no plans to update my app, ever, in case they take away more essential funtions.

I've been using spotify since 2008, but if they don't change it back to the way it was then its obviously time for a change.

It's pointless using it the way it is now. Wonder who it was that came up with the brilliant idea.

But yes, I'll definitely be more carefull reading the update description list next time.

We have never had the ability to organise playlists on the BlackBerry client so I have never had the pleasure of that feature!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

They didn't list the removal of this feature in the update. My wife reads every update to every app word for word before updating. That's part of why she's so mad.

That sucks! As long as they don't require me to update, I'll probably be fine. I can't give up the ability to edit a playlist on the go, since I almost never get on the desktop application (that's why I pay for three premium subscriptions; me, the wife, the kid).

They seem to be showing less and less love for the people who actually pay to use their service, in favor of those who simply use the ad-supported desktop version. Maybe the ads pay better? Hopefully that doesn't mean that the advertisers are their VIP clients now, which seems to be the case.
Marked as solution

This feature will be back in an iOS update coming early 2013.

This iOS update will also include the new follow features that Spotify just announced.

This might be a full redesigned upgrade... (saw some teases on Spotify's YouTube channel)

View this thread to see why the feature has been temporarily removed:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Song-ORDER/td-p/195028

"We decided to remove the feature temporarily so we didn't have to delay releasing 0.5.9, because there were a lot of crashes while editing a playlist, tracks not ending up where they should etc. We will introduce the feature again in an upcoming release as soon as possible."

MattSudaSpotify Star

Great, thank you for the information.

Definite thanks for the info. So it seems tha they did the right thing, they just did it in a very clumsy, poorly thought out way.

They should have included that in the update notes. Not everyone is going to check the blog to see that. For that matter, not everyone is having problems with it crashing, and wouldn't have updated.

If you think about it, will you post a comment here when they add the feature back? Since I have no intention of using this update, the Spotify Update is already something I'm used to ignoring.

Yes, I will post a comment letting everyone know.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Its mid 2013 but the feature is still missing. Currently on 6.4.2 and I can't see any reorder functionality! C'mon Spotify!! Any news?

Suggested posts