Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems syncing with Ipod

Problems syncing with Ipod

Hi

I have synced loads of music to my Ipod 4 and have about 4gb still free. About 3 months ago it started to be really unreliable whilst syncing...sometimes it would sync after several attempts, sometimes it would sync a few tracks and get stuck but would eventually sync all songs. However it has now stopped syncing completely and just shows albums as pending or shows it syncing for a split second before cancelling and going back to pending without syncing a single song.

I've been so busy over the past couple of months that i've not had chance to follow this up but pretty narked that i've not been able to get any new music onto my device.

I'd appreciate any advice or fixes.

Thanks, Mark

5 Replies

Hi. I'd recommend starting with a clean reinstall then checking out the tips in this post. If you still have problems, please post again.

Hi, i have completed all actions including reinstalling spotify on windows. Do i need to delete the app on my ipod and then put it back on? Its still not working at the moment.

Mark 

Yes - the instructions are in the first link I posted above, under the iphone tab.

Thanks, that seems to have sorted the issue....however not too impressed that i've now got to resync 3000 tunes from scratch!...is this a common problem and how can i avoid in future?

Cheers

Mark

Ah, that number is probably relevant. There's a limit 0f 3,333 offline tracks per device. Once you hit that, nothing more can be added until you delete some tracks/playlists. I wonder if that was the issue? 

Suggested posts