Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with premium account

Problems with premium account

I've had/paid for a premium account for at least 2 years & now all of a sudden I can't play any songs. I can see all of them (I'm talking about the app on my phone now) but when I try to play one a text comes up explaining that it acquires a premium account (which I have! But it says I don't.) and I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. Certainly not since I had no problems earlier today.
7 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

1) Have you checked your Subscriptions page to make sure you are still premium?
2) Try logging out/in and reinstalling Spotify.
3) Make sure you're logging in with the right account; it's very easy to have both facebook and Spotify details!

Anthony ๐Ÿ™‚

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I received an email for a 60-day Premium Trial that stated it expired today. I chose to accept the offer but when downloaded it only gave me a 30-day trial. What's up with this?

Thanks

@gassy81 wrote:

I received an email for a 60-day Premium Trial that stated it expired today. I chose to accept the offer but when downloaded it only gave me a 30-day trial. What's up with this?

Thanks

It appears some other people have this issue over on this topic

I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and see what they say. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter,

I've forwarded the same message to customer services using your link and will advise after they respond(already got a response from "Support" with a case # and they're looking into it, "We just wanted to let you know that we're looking into your query and we will get back to you as soon as possible". 

Mark

Peter,

I received another response that stated,

"I have searched your details on our system and can confirm that our 60 day Premium Trial has been expired on Sunday. Unfortunately, I can't do anything for that ๐Ÿ˜ž

All the best
Spotify loves you

Ogulcan
Spotify Team
Cambridge, UK"

I didn't know Spotify is based in England, and understand now why it reverted to its normal upgrade since I probably initiated my upgrade today, by UK time.

Eh, that's what I get for procrastinating! Thanks for your advice though.

Mark

Hi,why should I not be premium anymore? I did not change anything. Can it change by itself from premium to free?

@user-removed - Lets continue troubleshooting on your other post:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Problem-with-account/m-p/672296#M87774

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts