Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile Username

Profile Username

Plan

Premium Family

Country

US

Device

(iPhone X)

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I'm new to the community so i'm sure this question and answer is out there somewhere....I just don't have time to keep searching.  Why is it not possible to change our user names?  I had my ex's last name when I created my account and have since remarried and would like my new, " LEGAL" last name.  Also I saw somewhere that you can change your display name since we cannot change our user names and it showed how to do it on an android, but how do you change it from an iphone or computer?  I tried on the computer and cannot find where in account settings you can do that. 

1 Reply

Hello @Reese80

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you have access to an Android device (e.g. from your friends or family), you can use it just to change your display name by following the steps provided in this Spotify Article.

If it's not possible, you can connect your Spotify account to Facebook and allow the necessary data so your Facebook name will be displayed instead of the alphanumeric username. 

In addition, here's a Live Idea regarding username change and here's another one on display name. If that's something you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Suggested posts