Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Progress Bar Does Not Move While Looking At Lyrics On Full Screen

Progress Bar Does Not Move While Looking At Lyrics On Full Screen

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 13

Operating System: iOS 15.5

My Question or Issue

Progress bar of a song does not move while looking at the lyrics on full screen. It sometimes works, but rarely.

52 Replies

On the lyrics screen, the timestamp does not change but it only does when you go off the screen page and back on to it but it still freezes. Also it sounds weird when I scroll through the track on the lyrics page, it’s normal when I skip through the track on actual page.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

iOS 15.5

Hey @__Raahat-1,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We took a look at your video, but could not clearly observe the freez-issue you're referring too. Maybe if you share a bit more details we can give you a better advice. As a first step, it could be worthwhile restarting your app twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh and clears the cached data that might be causing trouble. See if this will resolve the situation.

Keep in mind that the lyrics page is now dynamic and by touching certain parts of the lyrics, the song's playback marker will automatically jump to that spot. In the same way, if you dabble with the progress bar, it's expected the lyrics screen to jump to the lines that match the current moment of the song. Also keep in mind that the highlight functionality that follows the current timestamp, could appear to be a bit out of sync, and this is expected for now especially if the 'Crossfade' functionality is enabled. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

When I press on any of the lyrics, it doesn’t jump to that spot?

Hey @__Raahat-1,

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried some troubleshooting for this issue? We suggest you now do a clean reinstall of the app as described on this page and let us know if the issue is still there.

It's also worth to check if this issue is occurring on different devices with different accounts.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Plan

Premium (3 months free)

Country

India

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 15.5

My Question or Issue

Hi.
So, basically, pick a song with lyrics. Play the song and navigate to the lyrics and click on it. When you are on the lyrics screen, the seek bar (audio time) is stuck at the current value. It doesn't move further as the song goes on. Need to fix this.

Attachment:

An image that shows the song's moved clearly over 2 seconds, but it's still at the initial value when I opened the lyrics screen.

IMG_0989.PNG

I done a clean install and still have the same issues, but on my MacBook I can click on the lyrics and it will jump to it.

Hey @Ryuk-hash,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app as described on this page? How did that go?

Also make sure to have the background app refresh turned on for Spotify on your iPhone. More on that here.

Does the issue occur also with a different account on your phone?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I am experiencing the same issue: The progress bar is stuck at the time were the lyrics are maximized. 
Using the newest version of Spotify on an iPhone 11 and iOS 15.5.

Hey there @__Raahat-1

Thanks for your reply. 

We can confirm that it's expected behavior that it won't jump to the spot you tapped on in the lyrics in the mobile app. This only happens in the desktop app.

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to see if the timestamp freezes on that account as well?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Still have the same issue on other accounts

Hey there @DerJoHo,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. 

On another note, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

Lastly, we'd like to know if this happens across devices or only on your phone.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey there @__Raahat-1

Thanks for your reply.

Could you let us know if the timestamp also freezes on your MacBook or only on your iPhone?

On another note, would you mind logging in to your account on a different phone to check if it happens there too?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

Hey Eni,

thanks for replying. 

I tried different songs, restarting the app completely, rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app from the App Store.

Sadly I can‘t really tell, if it started happening after a specific event as I never really used the lyrics feature in the past, but I can tell it doesn‘t seem to happen every time. More concretely apparently the first time using the maximized lyrics window, after the app was closed, the problem does not appear. For every following song before closing the app again, it does happen.

On my iPad running iPad OS 15.5 it happens as well, so it does seem to happen across devices.

I appreciate your help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Taiwan

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 15.5

My Question or Issue

Playing time won’t sync while viewing lyrics

75F1246A-4E7A-4F38-9905-E944E62CB21C.png

Hey @DerJoHo,

Thanks for letting us know!
In this case, for every affected device, I'd advise trying out the complete clean reinstall, suggested by @Dian 🙂
If the issue persists afterwards, let us know!
There are a few more things we can check.

We'll be on the lookout for your response~~

VasilModerator

Hey @Vasil, 

I did perform a clean reinstall of the app as mentioned here, but it does not seem to solve or change the problem. 

Looking forward to hearing more ideas. 

Hi @Cfchiu!

Could you share the track's URL so we can have a closer look at this? Also, does this occur only with this track in particular or with all tracks?

If you haven't already, try switching to a different Wifi network / Mobile data, or reinstalling the app by following the steps here. If possible, you can also try playing the track on another device to see if you'd experience the same behavior there.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hey @kivancaykac,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

Sorry for the late response, we just noticed your post. If you're still having issues, you can start off with a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device to see if this makes a difference. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

If this doesn't do the trick, let us know if this inconvenience is present on another mobile device. In case you don't have one, you can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions.

AlejaRModerator

I experience the same bug and it’s super annoying. It is present since the lyrics feature was added. When opening the lyrics in full screen the progress will jump to the current state but then just stop moving. The seconds will stay the same than at the time of opening the lyrics.

Interestingly, the issue only happens with time synced lyrics. If the lyrics are not time synced the progress bar seems to work.

I tried fixing it through a reinstall of the app but it didn’t help. I’m using a iPhone 12 Mini with iOS 15.5 and Spotify 8.7.46.1678.

Attached you can find a video showing the issue.

Suggested posts