Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Quality seems degraded from time to time on iPhone + Airpods

Quality seems degraded from time to time on iPhone + Airpods

Hey everyone,

Recently I started noticing a downgrade in quality from time to time, when I am going to work, and listening to music with my Airpods. I can hear that I am not in 320kbps anymore, but in 256kbps, or less. I can hear a nasty saturation in the highs, and the lows lose punch and energy.

Do you know where this is coming from? Has someone else noticed this since upgrading their iPhone to iOS 12? Is it because of a new functionnality within the app? Can I stop this from happening? I would rather not have music than having poor quality music!

My parameters are set on :

Saving data : No
Premium account
No normalisation
No equalization
Quality : very high everywhere

Please Help!!!

Thank you.

Thomas.

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone X, Apple Airpods)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

2 Replies

Do you expereince the same issues when listening to downloaded content? If no, its likely something to do with the stream you are getting being affected by some sort of latency issue. Another question to ask is if you are streaming is it over cellular or WiFi and what do your enviornments look like in reguards to RF?

That's a very good remark indeed, because I noticed I had the same issue with downloaded content... Maybe its a problem with my Airpods then?

I usually stream over cellular data and this problem can happen outside, in the city, or inside in my home. So yeah I'm guessing its probably coming from my Airpods

Suggested posts