Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue lost when accidentally selecting a song.

Queue lost when accidentally selecting a song.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 11, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 13 ) 

My Question or Issue

So I’ve made a massive long queue, and then I accidentally tap on a song title and it plays, (very easy to do on an iPhone) interrupting the queue. Then my whole queue that I’ve spent all night adding to disappears! Wiped! Am I missing something? 
Can’t I interrupt the queue by playing a song instantly, then automatically revert back to the queue I’ve spent all night building, rather than losing that queue all together? 
please enlighten me!

18 Replies

Hi,

For me the songs I've manually added to the queue are still present even when I start another song. Have you checked so you have the latest update of the Spotify app installed?

If you try to do it again, does the queue disappear for you again? Just try to add some songs, and then play another song. 🙂

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

Thanks Fishtaco. I suspected it was operator error.

I think it was a site navigation issue. I've now realized I have to navigate back to the "now playing" screen, to be able to see the little "queue" icon.

I was trying to find the queue from the "playlist", "artists" and "albums" screens.

I would think an improvement to the Spotify app would be to have the "queue" icon/button available on every screen, perhaps on the bottom tab where the "home", "search" and "You Library" icons live.

Thanks Fishtaco. I suspected it was operator error.
I think it was a site navigation issue. I've now realized I have to navigate back to the "now playing" screen, to be able to see the little "queue" icon.
I was trying to find the queue from the "playlist", "artists" and "albums" screens.
I would think an improvement to the Spotify app would be to have the "queue" icon/button available on every screen, perhaps on the bottom tab where the "home", "search" and "You Library" icons live.

Yeah totally sucks. Made a long ass queue (on Note 20), pushed one song or**bleep** and the entire list is gone. No "control-z" function so massive time lost. Appears something like this would be avoidable but nope... just fuct.

Hey there @Drivn_Apparel,

Thank you for your post. 

Can you let us know which version of the app you have?

It can be good to perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If the issue persists - can you send us a screen recording? This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Drivin is exactly right. This is ridiculously bad UI design. For example, when looking at your queue with 10 songs, if you accidentally tap the last song in the list it DELETES all songs before it.

Say you’re trying to reorder the list and accidentally tap the ultra-sensitive song list line, your whole queue of songs above that one disappears. So annoying.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for sharing your opinions on this matter.

Anybody, who feels like there should be a change in the user interface design of the app can go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The Spotify UI is filled with errors like this.

And this "community" and "ideas" platform is a complete and utter JOKE. They ask you to open up an idea, and then with 99% certainty they say "sorry not enough votes". It's a complete farce, no actual improvements are ever made. Cheers. 

This is something that should be solved asap. It is real nonsense.

Also when switching devices sometimes the queue is lost.

But nevermind that, please solve the issue of losing queue when tapping on a song.

This needs to be fixed! It's incredibly bad design. One has to be SO careful not to wipe your queue of songs. And there's no way to go back, if you click on another song by mistake. The queue is gone!

Agree 100%. Nothing ever gets fixed, they just tell you to submit an "idea", then reject it.

My queue disappeared when doing nothing. I pressed play to continue playing my queue and the song started for a second, then disappeared. To get back into my queue I have to play a new song, and when I do it’s the only one in the queue. This happens at least six times per year and is enraging every time as I often have 100+ songs on the queue. Please fix this bug instead of pretending it doesn’t exist! I have been a subscriber for years but am pulling my hair out and just about ready to change apps.

This a ridiculous flaw....win amp could've done this 30 years ago on Windows 3.1

AGREE pls just add undo features.. OR see history section of our wueue and let us save it too maybe annoying pop up on your site when im gonna comment NICE..

Terrible UI 

queue shouldn't ever be deleted without a confirmation 

same goes for deleting part of a queue when you click a song lower down the queue 

It’s when you click on a song that’s further down the queue by mistake. When this happens, every song between the one that’s currently playing and the one you clicked by mistake is deleted. Instead, it should move this one to the top of the list and keep the rest intact.

When it comes to queue management, Apple music has got it almost perfectly understood. I cannot tell you how many times I've lost 100s of queued songs (due to an accidental click) in YouTube music, as well as Spotify & SoundCloud Go. I've tried Deezer in its early days but not used TIDAL yet

Spotify's queue is the absolute worst of all and sucks balls. 6 years ago I canceled my service because of this and nothing has changed since. Just to see the previous track on the phone app required at least five taps from the now playing screen. Fire the product managers ASAP

Perhaps the most troubling fact is that none of these streaming services have any clue how to  design an intuitive music management interface with the required features (multi-select, drag n drop, swipe, sort, filter, right click, hover, track into etc)

The one that came closest was GPM but out of the blue they completely gutted that and conjured up the stinky **bleep** called YouTube music. 

Almost makes me want to develop my own player but i have zero coding skills, just a vision and concept..

This isn't even a solution to this very real and ongoing issue, yet it has been approved as such

Suggested posts