Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

Every time I reconnect to Spotify in the car, the play queue resets.  I just got a new 2018 BMW 430x.  I've tried connecting Spotify using both carplay and Bluetooth and the queue resets no matter which connection option I use.  I've tried reinstalling Spotify as well as re-adding the device to my car and the issue continues to happen.  It's driving me nuts because I keep having to re-add playlists to my queue and then removing any songs I've already listened to.  Please help!

4 Replies

Hey @anisyastar,

That seems to be similar to this thread, which should be resolved with the latest iOS update. Make sure your iOS is up to date, and reinstall your app to see if that works better. Also make sure to re-pair your devices with bluetooth.

Let us know how that goes 🙂

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and having this exact same issue. I'm on the latest OS and Spotify version. Did you find a solution to this issue?

I’ve always had this issue and ultimately just dealt with it but it is really annoying if I listen to a bunch of songs on a playlist at home and then as soon as I plug my phone into my car the playlist resets and a lot of the songs I’ve recently listened to replay just in a different order. I wouldn’t really mind but considering most of my playlists contain hundreds of songs, it gets a bit tedious having to skip the same bunch of songs each time I use my car. 
This has happened with tons of versions of iOS software and many different updates to my phone, and Spotify, so I don’t see there being a solution unless Spotify do something to address this, yet every message thread always suggests uninstalling and reinstalling the app, which has never worked for me 😔

Very annoying indeed.. 5 years further and the problem still exists. On android still in my case.

Suggested posts