Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio Inactivity Time Out?

Radio Inactivity Time Out?

Hi Team

I often listen on my old iPhone, but the device has no other activity and the music stops. This can be awkward.

Is this a glitch or is there an inactivity time out for radio? If it's an intentional time out, how long do I have? And if I upgrade, will I still have this time out?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Same here im running an iphone 4S ios 5.1.1 on a known good internet connection. The radio after 2-3 songs just stops/timesout its annoying because i usually have to alternate stations to get the music back on

Yep, me too.  Sometimes I can get a few songs in before it stops, and sometimes I'll get a few dozen in.  When it stops it goes back to the screen that shows my recent radio stations.

I do not have problems streaming my playlists.  It's only an issue with the radio feature, and it doesn't seem to matter which radio station I use. They all have this problem.

I'm on a very reliable FiOS connection with a reliable router, and my iPod doesn't show any issues with the network connection whenever these radio problems occur.

I'm using an iPod Touch 4th gen running iOS 6.1.3. Spotify app version is 0.6.4.2.  Core version (not sure what that is) is 0.0.0.999

I've also been having this problem lately. It's only with the radio, and sometimes the radio will play for hours and hours without any problem, then all of a sudden it will stop. Not only that, it won't start again, and it loses all my radio memory (i.e., my history of radio stations). I actually have to shut everything down and reboot my iPhone 4S before it will work again (then all the correct information is there, too). Could this have been a bad update? I have the iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3, and I pay for the Premium (which is why this isn't making me happy)...

Suggested posts