Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio Station Thumbs Up/Down Disappeared

Radio Station Thumbs Up/Down Disappeared

Device

(iPhone Xr)

Operating System

(iOS 12.1.2.)

The Radio station thumbs up and down icon is gone. Is this a glitch?

10 Replies

Hi there, 

It is not a glitch, but the thumbs up/thumbs down are replaced by a heart for a thumbs up, and the button for thumbs down, is now the button for "don't play this again". 

Do you know why you cant start a radio station based off an artist anymore? It takes me to a playlist when I click " go to radio"

Hi there, 

I don't know exactly why, but I think when you look up an artist, and when you see the playlist of the artsist, I think it is replacing the radio. I have tried looking on the community, but I couldn't find anything. 

I think you should ask on the community boards, and I found this article on the community. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Radio-Radio-Station-with-multiple-Artists/idi-p/196712...

Hope this helps! 

Same problem here.

They got rid of the artist radio option and are now making "custone" playlists. I prefer the old way and not this way. The only way I can get an actual radio statio started is to search for a song and play that song right from the search list then a radio statio starts once the song is done. 

Ok, thanks. I just did the search, play song, hit a heart on the next track and saw “improving station.”

This was the beat feature of Spotify IMO.

edit: I’m seeing a liked from radio playlist now too!

@ReverendRad

I think the radio based on an artist is now replaced by the artist having the playlist called, "This is..." 

Hope this helps. 

I’m not seeing that. Can you screenshot it? Does it function lie the radio? Eg. improving station...

@Xphereium

I screenshoted the radios based on the artist. If I type in Troyes Sivian, you will see a playlist with Troye Sivian (this is..) but if you want Troye Sivian and other artists, you will see Troye Sivian radio. 

Hope this helped!

I don't see a heart to click or a "don't play this song again" option either anywhere in the desktop app.  Where are those?  Why is it so difficult to thumb up/down (whatever you want to call it now) songs now?

Suggested posts