Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio on Mobile Spotify App/ New Ipad App

Solved!

Radio on Mobile Spotify App/ New Ipad App

First and foremost,

We need a radio function on the Mobile app, I have been paying a monthly subscription hoping this would happen, and nothing.

The Ipad needs a Spotify Ipad, along with ICS/Honeycomb tablets.  Its only fair.

Does anyone know whats going on with this?

I am starting to think Spotify is not putting in an effort here, especially to paying customers.

Putting the radio app on the desktop is Great! but what about the mobile app, that is where i listen to spotify the most.

Come on... Seriously...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Completely agreee!! the interface for the Retina display is just awful! i dont need to use an app that takes me back to the looks of the 1990's! but its not only for the new ipad, it looks almost just as ridiculous on any ipad! not even flip screen support! if spotify is not going to improove this soon, they will have 1 less none returning premium member here,... 

wake up spotify!! we are in the tablet generation now, where anybody with a tablet most likely would prefere to stream their music from their tablet instead of their pc/mac. 

if you don't know how to improove your apps interface, then hire me, i'll make it look nice, smooth and ready within a week!

so,. lesson to be learned,.. Much more dedication on your own app, instead of all this "look now these other apps support spotify" 

its sooooo little effort to improove the interface which will create tons of happy spotify users.

sorry for sounding mad, but i just think that what the "timeframe" should have been, for updating you app to tablet users is,.... way,.. way exceeded

Grrr!

RuneLA

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Have you tried SpotOn Radio? It's as functional as Spotify's desktop function, and very nice to use and look at.

I agree a built in radio feature within the official Spotify mobile app. Would be a pandora killer! Of course waiting on that iPad spotify app as well, would look great on the retina display!

Marked as solution

Completely agreee!! the interface for the Retina display is just awful! i dont need to use an app that takes me back to the looks of the 1990's! but its not only for the new ipad, it looks almost just as ridiculous on any ipad! not even flip screen support! if spotify is not going to improove this soon, they will have 1 less none returning premium member here,... 

wake up spotify!! we are in the tablet generation now, where anybody with a tablet most likely would prefere to stream their music from their tablet instead of their pc/mac. 

if you don't know how to improove your apps interface, then hire me, i'll make it look nice, smooth and ready within a week!

so,. lesson to be learned,.. Much more dedication on your own app, instead of all this "look now these other apps support spotify" 

its sooooo little effort to improove the interface which will create tons of happy spotify users.

sorry for sounding mad, but i just think that what the "timeframe" should have been, for updating you app to tablet users is,.... way,.. way exceeded

Grrr!

RuneLA

Completely agree. EchoNest has really good technology behind their radio, great team with lots of experience and it shows when you listen to the Radio function on the desktop Spotify App. Definitely think this is a Pandora/Slacker/name your music service/ killer.

I've been subscribing to Slacker and have had a monthly reminder to cancel for the last 6 months. Unfortunately I can't cancel because Spotify is missing a real ipad app with radio and the ability to cache the content for offline use. Two of the main functions that would move me off slacker and on to spotify for life. 

C'mon...get on it Spotify!!! I've read way too many posts where people are asking for this and even more frustrating way way too many replies from Spotify employees saying it's coming. 

Im with you on the Radio funtion - I am a paying for this ! come on spotify  put that funtction on the mobile app, Like NOW !

Definitely! Paying extra for the mobile features and it would be nice to at least have a radio app feature for it. Not the safest when you are trying to shuffle through songs while driving

Hey guys!

Radio option for mobile phones is much-asked thing from Spotify. Spotify heard you clearly and this is main feature Spotify want to improve to all mobile platforms. Stay tuned at blog.

Suggested posts