Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio on iOS 6 Spotify broken.

Solved!

Radio on iOS 6 Spotify broken.

For some reason I can't use the radio feature on my iPhone 5. There's no spinning circle, nothing to indicate that it's loading anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this issue please! This is one of the greatest features of Spotify. I am using the latest version of iOS 6 (6.0.1)

Thanks in advance. 

65 Replies

This has been happneing to me for a few days. I can played my stared playlist but pretty much no raido stations. Sometimes it plays a station with 3 songs, stops then starts over. Today I have not even been able to get any raido stations started. They better fix this soon, or ill close my account and go somewhere else. I aint paying $10 a month to listen to the same songs on my starred acocunt.

Anyone hear anything on this yet?  A bug this repeatable and this wide-spread should be fairly easy to resolve.

I'm working with a few members if IT but we haven't narrowed down a solution yet. I'll keep you guys posted

Description

Same problems as reported by most others here.  

My primary reason for subscribing was the Radio function that has now been broken on all of my iOS devices since I subscribed.  If this is not resolved in the next week I am going back to Pandora.  For a service that costs more than Netflix I expect more.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

Often Radio will not play.

Often Radio will state "sorry this radio station cannot be started"

In the very rare case where it acually starts playing, It will play the last 3 songs that it played last time and then stop.  It will not work again until the app has been killed and restarted

I have gone though the trouble of deleting the application, then restarting the phone, and reinstalling.  This will work for about 3 songs, and then I am back to it again not working.

What I expected to happen

I want the Radio function to work.

What actually happened

ften Radio will state "sorry this radio station cannot be started"

In the very rare case where it acually starts playing, It will play the last 3 songs that it played last time and then stop.  It will not work again until the app has been killed and restarted

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4 32 Gb

iPad 3rd gen 64 Gb

Device’s Operating System

iOS - 6.1.3 (10B329)

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

~15 platlists

None have been synced for offline

My mobile Spotify version

Core - 0.0.0.999

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

NA

My provider and country

AT&T US

Not sure what's changed but the last two days I have proper performance on radio.  No more 3-and-done stations, no more refusing to even THINK of playing a station.  Well done, anonymous IT support!

Yay this worked for me. Thank you so much, I was going crazy already!!

Suggested posts