Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio problems with iOS 6

Solved!

Radio problems with iOS 6

Hi everyone, first timer here at the forums. I have been using Spotify on my iPhone 4S for a few months. In the recent a few weeks, I have been experiencing problems with the radio function of the Spotify app. The radio just does not load. I first started noticing this problem when I left home driving through my company's campus. My company has a large campus with many buildings and WiFi signal throughout the campus. Outdoor between the buildings, the WiFi signal gets weak at places. Spotify seems to be very confused about the signal (WiFi or 3G) to use to connect to the internet and refuses to load the radio (the loading symbol stays spinning forever). Even worse, even if I'm completely out of the campus and on public roads with solely 3G signals, the radio still cannot seem to snap out of the confusion state it was in earlier.

The last two updates did not solve this problem, and ever since the latest update, I see nothing but a blank page in the Radio tab, not even a loading symbol. The Radio is completely out of commission when I'm connected to the internet through 3G, although it works just fine with WiFi.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I saw a couple of threads on the forum here about Radio not loading in iOS6, but my problem seems more severe. I have tried deleting & reinstalling the app as well as resetting my iPhone's network settings. The problem still persists. The Radio function is more than a half of the reason I pay for the Spotify service. If I cannot get this fixed within the next week or so, I'm cancelling my service and returning to Pandora.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi doniel,

To remove profiles, goto settings, general, profile. It's right at the bottom in general.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

do you have Onavo Extend installed?  That's an app to shrink your data usage.  It was not playing nicely with Spotify and I was getting the same problems.  I fixed by getting rid of Onavo, resetting the network settings and reinstalling Spotify.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/102061

I have the same problem as OP, with iPhone 5 running iOS 6.0.1. Radio freezes up. Removing Onavo Profile from Safari solved it.

Thanks! +1

Thanks for the reply. I didn't have Onavo Extend but I did have Onavo Count installed on my iPhone to keep track of data usage by each app. I have tried removing Onavo, resetting network and restarting the phone. However, the problem is still there. 

@TheIsingGuy, thanks for chiming in. Like I said in my other reply, I only had Onavo Count installed on my iPhone and have removed it already. I'm not sure if that had the Onavo Profile that you are talking about. How do you remove Onavo profile from Safari? I have deleted all the history and cookies in Safari and can't find any trace of Onavo in my iPhone's Safari. But the problem still persists.

Marked as solution

Hi doniel,

To remove profiles, goto settings, general, profile. It's right at the bottom in general.

@TheIsingGuy. Thank you! The problem is now gone after I delete the Onavo profile in settings. 

I'm having problems with radio on my iphone 6. I don't see profile under general in settings to delete that profile.

Suggested posts