Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio stuck on loading symbol - ios 5.1.1

Solved!

Radio stuck on loading symbol - ios 5.1.1

The spotify radio will not load on my iphone 4s running 5.1.1 nor will it give me the chance to search within the Radio tab of the app.  I'm running on AT&T 4G

I have tried with no success:
Launch radio from playlist

Launch radio from single song

Close all background apps

Re-install on the iphone

Hard Reset of the iphone

The app will play my playlists and other search music with no problem but the Radio just doesn't want to get passed the loading screen.  The radio works fine on my wife's iphone.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/102061
128 Replies
Marked as solution

I did some messing around and got it working

ios 6 - iphone 4s - 3g (I did the following steps on cellular not wifi)

1. Log off from Spotify
  2. Close Spotify by holding the power button until the slider appears...once there hold down the home button until you get to home screen.  This will clear the app and cache.
  3. Double click home button then hold the spotify icon until it wiggles then close it out.
  4. Restart phone
  5. Reset Network Settings
  6. Restart phone
  7. Delete Spotify app
  8. Restart phone
  9. Re-install spotify app
  10. login with FACEBOOK not with spotify credentials
http://community.spotify.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/102061

I have the same problem. I can go to the Radio Screen, but nothing is happening there. Even if I try to press Radio on the Album Art, it just loads forever.

The fix above is not reasonable. It was working before and it just should work now. I'm paying premium, so come on guys, some support would be appreciated. Radio is a really important feature for me on the mobile app...

FYI: just deleted and uninstalled it, logged in with facebook credentials, not working...

hello support team? the last post on this thread was a month ago and yet the problem still exists. i cannout use radio over 3g or wifi. it simply doesnt work. it sits there with a blank radio screen. cant type in search. if i exit then reopen, it wont respond for a minute or so, then crashes. when relaunched, it will crash the first time. then when launched a 3rd time, the progam will work, everything except the radio. simply unacceptable. i am paying $10/mo and all the features are not available. you are not providing me the service i am paying for. that my friends is breech of contract. shall i call my lawyer? lets get this fixed now!

@mkrone wrote:

hello support team? the last post on this thread was a month ago and yet the problem still exists. i cannout use radio over 3g or wifi. it simply doesnt work. it sits there with a blank radio screen. cant type in search. if i exit then reopen, it wont respond for a minute or so, then crashes. when relaunched, it will crash the first time. then when launched a 3rd time, the progam will work, everything except the radio. simply unacceptable. i am paying $10/mo and all the features are not available. you are not providing me the service i am paying for. that my friends is breech of contract. shall i call my lawyer? lets get this fixed now!

With such a large thread as this, I am sure the community staff have passed this issue on internally to the developers. There are new mobile applications coming out at some point in the near future so fingers crossed this issue will be fixed. As for calling your lawyer, I wouldn't rush, read section 10 of the terms

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Are you having this issue on wifi or 3G/Edge? If you are on a mobile-/cellular-network reports suggest that the problem could be your network profile, try removing any installed profile on your phone and replacing it with the settings provided by your serviceprovider/phonecompany.

This is exactly what worked for me. Had previously uninstalled Onavo and all settings but I had to reset network settings and POOF. Magic. Started working immediately.

I had same prob.  4S, ATT, on WiFi or 4G, Premium User.  Both "Radio" AND "What's New" were stuck on loading symbol.  Read through lots of the thread.  Was going to log off Spotify and Reboot but decided to just log out of spotify and log in again.  SHOCK.....it worked for me.....worth a try

The radio was broken for me for months. These steps worked for me so now I can listen over 4g and not just wifi. I had onavo on my last phone and that also broke the radio.

I am having a similar problem, but its two years later... Whenever I click on the radio station I want, the app immediately shuts down. I have tried everything and my phone is up to date on whatever version (7.something). Please help!

Suggested posts