Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random “Suggested” songs always playing

Random “Suggested” songs always playing

Right I have absolutely had it with this app. Whenever I play an album or a playlist I’ve created, instead of the music I want to hear, I’m getting random music that is nothing like what I’m trying to listen to! I’ve turned off auto play, and from what I’ve been told, if a playlist has less than 12 songs on it, it will automatically start playing random, but this one has well over 20 and I’m constnstly using up all my skips in 5 seconds flat because it’s giving me weird **bleep** I don’t like or want to listen to. Please help because I’ve been trying to listen to this playlist for an hour and I’ve barely managed to get to 3 of the songs on he actual playlist. 

4 Replies

Hello LordDerpington!

Within the newest free version of spotify on mobile devices, Spotify will add songs onto your playlist that they believe go along with the genre. I know it can be irritating, but I found that on occasion I did enjoy the songs recommended for me. 

Sadly, there is nothing I can do except for encourage you to get premium. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

I’m listening to a soundtrack to a show I love and it’s guving me all these
upbeat modern songs I don’t want to hear. I don’t feel premium is worth it
as all it does it make the mobile the same as the computer version which I
use more frequently anyway. Thanks anyway. I’m glad you didn’t just tell me
the usual **bleep** about “must have 12 different artists in the playlist”
because those aren’t even remotely true.

Hey @LordDerpington.

When you reach the end of an album, playlist, or selection of tracks, Spotify will automatically play similar songs so the music never stops. 

To disable (or re-enable) Autoplay click here for steps. 

Thats not the problem. The suggested songs are coming up between songs in the playlist. When I click shuffle play, instead of getting a song from the playlist, the very first song is one of the suggested songs. Autoplay is and has always been turned off, but it hasn’t no effect on these songs in the middle, only stops it from playing songs at the end of the playlist which I never reach because for every song that’s actually in the album, there are 2-3 suggested songs first and I quickly run out of skips. 

Suggested posts