Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random songs playing

Random songs playing

I realize this is the umpteenth dozen post about this but I noticed it's only free members that's having this issue. Ever since this last update I've been having the trouble it I want to listen to a specific artist it won't restrict it to that artist anymore it will try throwing in other people that may be similar. If I just want to listen to Tech N9ne that's all I want to hear I don't like other artists, or maybe I'm in the mood for just smashmouth? Nope let's play random songs not even in the rock genre.

Is this part of their A/B testing or is this something that actually got rolled out to all users?
3 Replies

Hey @Supermalebiped, thanks for posting! 

Are you using Spotify Free or Premium? 

On the free version you may hear "suggested song" while listening to your music. 

If you're on Premium there is a new feature AutoPlay that plays recommended radio after the playlist or album you're listening to ends. You can disable it in your settings page : )

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Premium and even with auto play turned off it still cycles through random artists and it's sometimes 20 songs into listening sometimes it's the 3rd song

Hi @Supermalebiped

Have you checked if your Queue is empty? It might be the reason!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts