Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random songs starts playing.

Random songs starts playing.

When I start to play a song in search mode, a totally different song comes on afterwards, like "radio mode" based on the song I first played. I never wanted that. Just to play the next song in order. Fix it back plz!

(IOS version 9.3.5)
5 Replies

Updated to the latest version of IOS now. Still the same problem. If I press on a new song, a totally different song starts playing, "radio based on" the song before. Very annoying. I searched for Kent and pressed on one of their songs. When I changed song, suddenly Spotify wants me to hear Takida "based on the song before...". And it's not that often I would like to hear Takida. Please fix the search mode!

Hey @backa-elias and welcome to our Community!

This is a feature called AutoPlay, once you finish the album/playlist a radio station based on the album/playlist will start.

No worries, you can disable this feature by heading to Settings > Playback > toggle off AutoPlay.

Let us know how it goes. 

Hi, this 'auto play' feature doesn't seem to behave itself properly though as I keep finding that Spotify will turn on a radio playlist randomly whilst I'm listening to one of my own playlists.  For example, I have skipped a few songs when on random mode and the radio playlist has then suddlently come on or, another time, it just cut off a song that was playing and put on some random artist I've never heard of.  

Thank you so much for the help!

Although, I wouldnt say that I have finished listening to the songs in search mode after just one song. I prefer to hear the next song on the search list before some random/different artist. Most times I use Spotify just like that: search for an artist or band, and play the most popular songs regardless which album the songs come from.

And there is another thing: if I queue some songs in search mode, with 'autoplay' on, those queued songs will not play. Instead, most likely, Takida will start to play. Which I wrote earlier is not that satisfying for me.

But apart from that 'autoplay' is not behaving very well, and with its powerful will constantly tries to feed me with the 'radio mode' and Takida, it seems like a pretty good idea to discover some new treasures in the world of great music (and maybe Takida too, for those who enjoys them).

But tell Mr/Mrs AutoPlay to sit back and relax a little, so me and the pretty hippie can enjoy the good stuff! ๐Ÿ™‚

I just noticed this AutoPlay functionality on Android in the past week or so. Is this a new feature?

Suggested posts