Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Syncing your Local Files

Solved!

Re: Syncing your Local Files

The same thing happens to me - nothing shows up under the "Devices" when I connect my iPhone with a USB cable OR if I connect to the same wifi.  I even turned off the setting that automatically opens iTunes when I plug in my phone, so that iTunes and Spotify don't run at the same time, but my iPhone still doesn't appear under the "Devices" tab, in Spotify... What do I do? 😧

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@brittany_hunter I moved your post out of the ipod topic into its own thread.

Please read the FAQ here on synching your iphone. Note that synching mustt be over Wifi and using a USB connection can actually prevent the synch from working.

If your iphone doesn't show under "devices" in the desktop client, the following steps should help.

• Make sure that spotify on your iphone is not in offline mode
  • Temporarily disable all firewalls, antivirus and security programmes on your desktop
  • Make sure that UPnP is enabled on your router
  • Restart the router and your iphone

If you still can't get your iphone to show under "devices", please shout.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@brittany_hunter I moved your post out of the ipod topic into its own thread.

Please read the FAQ here on synching your iphone. Note that synching mustt be over Wifi and using a USB connection can actually prevent the synch from working.

If your iphone doesn't show under "devices" in the desktop client, the following steps should help.

• Make sure that spotify on your iphone is not in offline mode
  • Temporarily disable all firewalls, antivirus and security programmes on your desktop
  • Make sure that UPnP is enabled on your router
  • Restart the router and your iphone

If you still can't get your iphone to show under "devices", please shout.

@jwylot , THANK YOU SO MUCH! I followed your directions and all my local files are now synced to my iPhone! 😄 Thaaaaaanks! ❤️

Excellent!

Suggested posts