Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rearranging songs in queue on iPhone causes the app to wig out

Rearranging songs in queue on iPhone causes the app to wig out

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 8

OS: iOS 13.3.1 (problem has persisted through many updates of both OS and app)

When there are songs in the Queue (rather than Up Next), the last song in the list just disappears and is replaced by a blank space. Playback not affected.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 1.03.07 PM.png

There is a second song there, and if I skip ahead to it it will play.

Also, trying to move songs around in either the Queue or Up Next results in glitchy scrolling effect which often causes the app to crash. Doesn't happen if I'm scrolled all the way up to the top, though.

Only seems to happen on iPhone 8, my friends who have other models don't have this problem. It could be my phone but I really hope it's not.

2 Replies

Hey there @magnoIias

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

It's also a good idea to log in to your account on another device, if this is possible for you. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Yes, I have tried clean reinstall. It doesn't happen on other devices, but
my phone is up to date.

Suggested posts