Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recent Update - Album Length Missing

Recent Update - Album Length Missing

Did they really just remove the metric for the length of an album entirely from mobile? I really hope it's just hidden in a dumb place. How convenient to have to separately look that up now for no reason. The presentation at the top was perfect.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 8

Operating System

My Question or Issue

19 Replies

Hey guys, bring back album length when you swipe right !!! I wanna know long long it is !! 

Why on earth would you remove such feature ! 

The feature is still there on my app. Swipe left on the album cover art and the date of the album release should be there along with the total album length.

That’s how it used to be, but the swipe left section at the top has gone now.

I’m seeing the same problem

It already didn’t make sense that such a basic thing was hidden behind swiping album art left, now it’s totslly gone

This is very useful information about an album and should show right underneath the title... but at the very least be visible somewhere

Same, I hate that Spotify removed it from the mobile app, PUT IT BACK!

iPhone 7

iOS 12.1.4

Spotify Version 8.4.97

Agreed! I want to know how long my albums are so that I can plan my trips accordinly!

Yes, very annoying. Album length is essential info. Bring it back now!

Yes - bring this back please.  Very frustrating not having it

When I requested this earlier, I was told to post it as an idea and vote on it. Someone else has already posted an idea, so please go vote on it, so they know we want it back.

I’ve haven’t really been digging a few of the new updates recently, and just noticed today that album length is missing. This is really frustrating because it’s very basic information and I like to plan my delivery trips based on how long albums are. 

The same with playlists, noindication of length anymore!

@Rolmichp wrote:

The same with playlists, noindication of length anymore!

My playlists actually don’t have that problem oddly enough 😕

I would also really appreciate if this feature would be recovered. I really don't understand why you would remove such information, especially since it's already not possible to see the length of specific tracks in the mobile apps!

Obviously Spotify doesn’t care about people who want to listen to albums anymore. They just want people to listen to their shitty curated playlists. They removed the chronological order of albums from all artists’ front pages, and now they don’t even want you to know how long the albums are. This is so frustrating. This used to be a place for serious music listeners to come to, and it’s turning into **bleep**ing Pandora. Gross.

For real man. Just small perpetual changes that slowly finish the quality of the experience here. It’s like they don’t think we’ll notice. The first thing that got me was the hold track to preview going away. It**bleep** and they I’m not even sure they address anything on this community they provide.

Album length/duration disappeared again for me on iOS 8.5.25.760. It was literally there a couple of hours ago, so I think it disappeared without a true update. Please bring it back again.

Same problem on Android 8.5.26.1031. No album lenght.

This feature has disappeared again? Not sure why? It's very useful and doesn't take up any room

It's back for me today, so this doesn't appear to be another redesign but a temporary bug of some kind.

Suggested posts