Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 7 and Windows 

Operating System

iOS 11.4 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I cannot see any of my friends' recently played artists on their profile page. I only see their playlists on their profile page. My friend, who is following me, also cannot see my recently played artists on my profile page. He can only see my playlists.

My settings are as follows:

• Publish Activity on Spotify (Green/Enabled)
  • Show my current top artists (Green/Enabled) / never disabled.
  • Private Session (Greyed/Disabled)

I've uninstalled and re-installed spotify on my computer. Still, the same problem.

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed, 

It's good to see you already did some troubleshooting. We suggest that both of you do the following (always have Private Mode turned off):

• Disable the "Publish Activity on Spotify" and "Show my current top artists" options.
  • Close the app completely and then re-open it.
  • Activate the options again, close the app completely and then re-open app.
  • Listen to some music for a couple of days and see if that works. 

If this doesn't work, tell us if this happens with all your devices, and with all your friends. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hey, did you manage to resolve this?

I had the exact same problem as this person and followed these steps and it did the trick! I initially reinstalled spotify using these steps, which didn't solve the problem. Then, I disabled "show my recently played artists", closed the application, reopened it, and enabled it again. Voila! My recently played artists were immediately returned. Thanks!

As soon as I listened to a new artist today, my entire list of recently played artists disappeared. Then then deleted that new artist, thinking that adding one new artist had cleared the list. Instead, what appears now is a black background with the white text: "Nothing here yet Music will appear as you listen".

I logged out a number of times, and went to Settings to toggle on "Show my recently played artists," which should not have been off. However, even after logging in an out, my recently played artists list has not refreshed itself. Is there any way to get the list back? I go back and forth to that to monitor my own listening habits, and find it quite a useful tool.

I have already tried the 'reinstall, disable showing my recently played artists, log out, log in, enable showing them' option. It did not work.

That did the trick.

10-1-21

Suggested posts