Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently Played Artists

Recently Played Artists

Spotify,

You recently removed the feature "Recently Played Artists" from friends' public pages and I request that you add it back on. This was a popular feature that helped me to discover new music that my friends were listening to. It was optional because people can choose to have public/private profiles, but now it's completely gone. Please consider adding it back.

Sincerely,

Dissatisfied Customer

11 Replies

Hi @Olgusiaolgusia,

Thanks for reaching out to the community about this topic; hopefully I can give some input on the matter. I believe the "Show my recently played artists on my public profile" feature was automatically set to "off" in the same update that made your listening activity private. The feature is still there, but you will need to contact your friends that you want to follow and have them toggle that option to "On". I've provided an image that shows where this toggle is within your "Settings". Please reach back out if you have any more questions about this. 

Recedntly Played.jpg

BC63EFDF-23DC-4F89-8B08-A493F58B4936.png

 look at this - i dont have mine artis and artists of my friends… ive got it on my desktop app

Plan

Premium

Country

Pl

Device

iPhone 12

My Question or Issue

I have different profile view compared to my friend. Pls add photos of yours, its cery annoying because i dont see my latest artist. 

ITs my profile view. Show me yours

CB9AC61A-B233-49A2-9F64-2EADC0C5F9C2.png

Hi @Olgusiaolgusia,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We suggest that you head to the app Settings > Social > Recently played artists and enable this option. The latest listened artists will be displayed on your profile. 

Remember you can find useful info here.

Don't forget the Community is here in case you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I’m having the same issue - my Recently Played Artists feature on my iPhone and iPad have gone (toggling these to appear makes no difference). Please bring this back!

Sorry, this doesn’t work.

Hey @meadowsben,

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

Could you send us the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your device?

Changing tunes, let us know if you were able to see your latest listened artists on your profile in the past.

We'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

iPhone 13, running iOS 15.5. I installed the latest Spotify update (8.7.38), which was when my Recently Played Artists disappeared (and toggling the Social Settings makes no difference - I have the same screen as the dude above).

Hey there @meadowsben

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We tried this on our end and it worked as expected. 

In this case, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in to your account on your devices twice in a row. 

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey @meadowsben,

Thanks for the post.

Could you elaborate more on which activity you mean exactly? Do you mean the Friends Feed Activity, which is visible only on the desktop app or you mean the recent activity, that is shown on each profile?

Or do you mean your personal recent activity, that is shown on your home page?

It'd be best to provide some screenshots, so we can get a clear picture of what is going on on your end.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts