Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue

Starting yesterday or so (3/21/18), picking downloaded artists and albums from the "Recently Played" section while in offline mode (or without an Internet connection, for that matter), just refers me to a screen that says "No internet connection. Go online and try again." And then when I go online and try the same thing, it just brings me to the artist or album's official Spotify page, instead of the offline page with my downloaded songs. 

So now, the only ways to listen to downloaded music while offline is to either use the "Songs" section and either shuffle or search for one of the 2,400+ songs I have downloaded, or to go through the "Artists" or "Albums" sections to manually find and pick whoever I want to listen to, every single time. 

This is extremely frustrating and is yet another "feature" Spotify has added with an update. First the new play screen (which, at first, hid the repeat button), and now this. Dear Spotify - please stop trying to fix things that aren't broken and actually fix the bugs and issues people are complaining about. I'm seriously considering using Apple Music after this new "update". 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kirkbushman,

Thanks for coming to the Community 🙂

There is an existing idea about this here - make sure to add your vote to it!

NB: I've marked this post as the solution for the sake of visibility.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes. Me too. I've been in touch with @SpotifyCares and it seems this is an intended change. I'm baffled at such a poor decision. It forces users to skim through all of their saved artists through the artists section instead of using the recently played section, which is a section intended to save time. This section now cannot be used without a network connection. So those who commute, go through patchy connections can no longer use it.

Poor.

Completely agree this is bad logic. Why would any user want to jump to an artists page? I can search if I’d like to do that - now I have to, as the other user said, skim through my artists page to get to my local library. If this is intended Spotify, you should add a toggle in settings.

Marked as solution

Hey @kirkbushman,

Thanks for coming to the Community 🙂

There is an existing idea about this here - make sure to add your vote to it!

NB: I've marked this post as the solution for the sake of visibility.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Suggested posts