Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played artists under me tab not updating

Recently played artists under me tab not updating

Looked all over the forums for an answer. Under the me tab, my recently played artists have not updated in over three weeks. Same thing when I go to a friends profile. Is this a known issue? It seemed to happen when the the top ten track disappeared.
107 Replies

This has been reported to the Spotify teams, we have seen a number of reports here on the community.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same problem. Last update was a month ago, I have a HTC onex, 4.2.2, spotify version 0.7.4

1. The last time you noticed an update.

2. Your device.

3. Device's operating system. 

4. Your app version

1.) 5-6 weeks ago.

2&3.) Windows 7 & iPhone 5 (ios7)
4.) 0.9.1.230

Mine are updated now!

@lemonroe007 & @LangeRT81 Have those Recently Played Artists updated for the both of you too? 

Works great thank you!

Yup! Thank you!

Mine is still not updated though. It doesn't show what I have been listening for the past week. How do I get around it?

Yeah, mine updates like once a week. And it looks like its now been a week since mine updated last.

Anyone else having problems with the updates again ? Mine has been stuck for a while

Yeah, unfortunately recently played artists and top tracks/artists are not updating again. It's been about 2 weeks for me.

Same issue. Again. Very frustrating.

So do we know if anyone at Spotify are looking into this or not? Haven't seen anything here

It has been 3-4 weeks since any updates now

2. Your device.

Desktop and Laptop

WIndows 7

4. Your app version

0.9.7.16.g4b197456

Reinstall odes not fix the problem!

I had a ticket open with spotify support and asked about this issue.  This is what I was told yesterday (Feb 8):

"this is something we're aware of and working to correct at the moment.
Just as yours, my Recently Played Artists tab on my profile isn't up to date.

Hang in there and have another look at a later date, hopefully it'll be updating accurately soon."

EDIT- I put the quotes in because I realized it looked like after the first sentence, they were my words- but it's the spotify support person who also hasn't had his recently played artists updated.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thank you for the update!

This issue had not been solved...

around 2 weeks

2. Your device.

iphone 4s, laptop

iOS7, windows7 chrome browser

4. Your app version

Contacted Spotify and got this answer yesterday:

As you will have noticed from the Community, this is something we are aware of and all of the feedback from that thread has been passed to our development team.

It appears this is a bug and it is on our "to do" list.  As it is cosmetic it may take a slightly longer time to fix than bugs that affect the functionality of the app.

thanks for the update, just checked and my recently played list has been updated

Suggested posts