Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.8.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.8.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 0.8.0
  • New: Now compatible with iOS 7
  • Fixed: Some bugs that were irritating us
  • Fictitious: This app cries at weddings

#0.8.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • When reporting issues, always mention what version of the Spotify app you're using
  • Apple now supports users whose devices run older versions of iOS, and thus can't update their apps to the latest version.
    Engadget has a good article about what it is and how it works.
    Basically, regardless of your iOS device and version, you can go to Apple's app store and press "update." The app store will then automatically detect the latest, compatible version of that specific app, for your specific device
  • If you're still having issues using your car stereo with Spotify, please come here and provide us more information
  • This update beings the menu navigation more in-line with iOS 7, but, some might say, it's also become slightly trickier.
    To get to the main menu from any screen, just swipe right, from the top-left of the screen. have a look:

MenuAnimation.gif
Community Ergo Sum
43 Replies

Sharing functionality is broken in this update.

Tapping any share option results in a huge glitch and the color of the top status bar messes up.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just tried this out, seems to be fine on my iPhone 4S. Got a screenshot Matt? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Works on my 5 as well.

Gonna need all the relevant info to reproduce this.

Community Ergo Sum

Hi, thanks for this release.

I like the fact that you have updated the app to take into account the features within iOS7.

There are just a couple of things that I would really like you to consider:  The first is that  images should play a bigger part than text throughout the app. Have you seen the new Vimeo app, this truley takes advantage of iOS 7?

There is also no Spotlight and News section within the iOS app and I think it would be great to see this included soon.

I always feel that Spotify drip feed updates rather than doing something radical and exciting! 

What News are you looking for @Systemaddict ? 

Noticed there is a new icon to!? 

Also on Artist pages:

- Related Artists

- Top Tracks

- Biographies

Are all back 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi @peter ,  I haven't  noticed a new icon. It appears to be the same as before.

On the Browse tab on the web player there is a News section, that is all.

Love that you guys updated for iOS 7!

When is the play queue/up next feature coming? It's been listed as "coming soon" for a few releases.

I just got confirmation that we've identified the "share" bug and its cause. We hope to have it fixed in one of our next releases.

Community Ergo Sum

Wouah this is a very ugly ios7 update. Still look ios 6 and a little of ios7.

This app doesn't feel intergrate to the system at all.

Look around there is a tone of concept for a nice music player.

Yes, I agree with. Spotify could have done so much better than this. Their designers need shooting! 

I'm very much looking forward to iTunes Radio launching in the UK. 

@Systemaddict wrote:

Yes, I agree with. Spotify could have done so much better than this. Their designers need shooting! 

Now now, there's no need for such language. Like or dislike something, try to be a bit more thoughtful when commenting.

Community Ergo Sum

There's definitely still some aspects of the UI that look left-over from the "old" design.

Like why is the top bar in Search and Browse completely black when it is grey in Discover, Radio, Playlists, etc... it just looks very inconsistent.  Basically Search and Browse don't fit in and look pretty bad.

I agree. There's still a ton of UI elements which looks exactly like iOS 6. The only change you've implemented is changing the buttons/icons and the font. That's it. This honestly feels a bit half-assed. I mean come on, why don't you use some of the transparency/translucency to make it look a bit more appealing. 

I expect a visual revamp in the future (within a few months) with a proper remote functionality. For such a huge company with big investors behind, you sure do take your time to renew your app.

Ally's

While there are some ios 6 carryovers like the options slide up menus and download playlist buttons, overall everything else has largely been reskinned. More importantly, they've really revamped the interactions to match iOS 7. You can now swipe back from the left edge to go back a screen whereas in the last version, that swipe would take you to the basement menu. The back button labels and animations now match iOS 7. So do the new filter/search boxes. Also, the browse section has translucent blurring of the top nab bar (though a bit too subtle).

I'd really like to see:
1) up next/play queue
2) that new playlist UI that was released and reverted a few releases ago that was much more visual.
3) a nicer, more graphical album view

Every time I swipe back it just puts me in the "basement menu".

Also, there's no transluceny at all in the browse section expect when you want to filter a channel. Furthermore, I can't see any translucency at the top bar of the browse section. 

Ally's

Per, which bug has confirmation?
MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda wrote:
Per, which bug has confirmation?

The "share" bug. I've edited my post to refelect this.

Community Ergo Sum

Also, when bringing up the now playing view, the image blinks for a second. The image is low res at first and switches to a higher res album art all within one second. It's hard to see it, but it's more noticeable on colorful album art images.

Pay close attention to any text on the album art image and you'll notice it kinda blink or focus in.
MattSudaSpotify Star

Now now, there's no need for such language. Like or dislike something, try to be a bit more thoughtful when commenting.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The truth does tend to hurt i'm afraid, no matter how nice you tell it.

There are a few on here that have said how awful this update its and a lot could have been done better.

Suggested posts