Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.8.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 0.8.0
  • New: Now compatible with iOS 7
  • Fixed: Some bugs that were irritating us
  • Fictitious: This app cries at weddings

#0.8.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • When reporting issues, always mention what version of the Spotify app you're using
  • Apple now supports users whose devices run older versions of iOS, and thus can't update their apps to the latest version.
    Engadget has a good article about what it is and how it works.
    Basically, regardless of your iOS device and version, you can go to Apple's app store and press "update." The app store will then automatically detect the latest, compatible version of that specific app, for your specific device
  • If you're still having issues using your car stereo with Spotify, please come here and provide us more information
  • This update beings the menu navigation more in-line with iOS 7, but, some might say, it's also become slightly trickier.
    To get to the main menu from any screen, just swipe right, from the top-left of the screen. have a look:

MenuAnimation.gif
Community Ergo Sum
43 Replies

Such a disappointing update.  I honestly couldn't care less about how the UI looks. What I care about is whether Spotify will work in my car and this update didn't even try to fix that problem.  I am not at all satisfied with having to use an AUX cord (since that's the only way I can currently use Spotify in my car) when I have a functioning USB port that makes -- excuse me, MADE using Spotify in the car easy.  Car-use is the ONLY reason I pay $10 a month for Spotify.  

You keep directing to the car stereo thread in the bugs section and yet there is NO feedback from anyone at Spotify on the issues people have been having.  NONE.  People have been posting on the thread related to car stereo issues in the bugs section consistently for over a month now.  We've all been patiently waiting for an update to fix this problem and yet absolutely NOTHING has been done, nor has the problem even been acknowledged.  

Your customer service is an absolute joke. 

Either make fixing this a priority or be upfront with your customers that you have no plans to fix this. 

So... any chance we get that queue feature soon?  It is pretty bad that you announced it a while ago and sill have not delivered it to the majority of people.

Also... what about the iPad?  Where is Discover, etc?

I don't like it on how updates are said but not delivered especially how they incrementally roll in the updates for some people and not for others. I hope everyone should be part of the new features and this could help everyone be up to speed. And announcing new features a year ago and delivering now is honestly quite long... Too long for anyone to continue.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hi all,

This thread is now locked now as we're pleased to announce version 0.9.0 is now available in the App Store. See the new release notes over here. All feedback appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts