I like this new design, but there are some major changes that I dislike.
1) The new Shuffle Play button is massive and an overstated addition, as if everyone like to play their music on shuffle.
2a) It takes too much effor tot get to the Search bar in a playlist.
2b) After searching, select the song and go to any other menu on that song, and when you return to the playlist, the string you searched for is no longer there. [This prevents you from playing all songs by X artist, or with Y title within a playlist.]
2c) After searching and playing a song, going back to the playlist makes the Shuffle Play button overlap the search box making you have to back up one more level and then go back again to the playlist to search again. BUG!
3) The shuffle and repeat buttons at the bottom of the screen used to be on the right.
4) The repeat button should allow you to repeat ALL songs and/or repeat the ONE currently playing song.
5) BRING BACK THE STARS! When searching and discovering new music, I cannot see which track I may have heard before and added to a playlist. (I used stars as a signal that a song is already in one of my playlists, since it doesn't prompt you that you may be adding a duplicate track.)
6) Duplicate songs within a playlist are an annoying issue. PLEASE notify users if they're adding a song into a playlist that's already there!
7) It's TOO dark…some album art is mainly black and really makes for a messy experience when you can't tell what is where.
8) Being able to tap the album and see options to explore the album, the artist, star the track…..BRING THIS BACK! Tapping the album art does nothing now….that's not intuitive. Tapping the album should reveal actions relative to that album.
I am a premium user and I'm experiencing Bluetooth delay since the new release.
Before the new release I could skip to the next song by using the cars joggle. Text beautifully came on the display and song started directly.
Now I'm experiencing delay/lag. Sometimes it takes time to go to the next song but what is more obvious, the car display doesn't follow anymore and it takes about 4-5 seconds to update with every track.
Occasionally the app crashes even.
When I switch to the Apple Music Player everything goes smooth so it must be a Spotify app issue.