Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.1.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.1.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 1.1.0
  • New: Introducing Your Music, a better way to save, organise and browse your favourite music.
  • New: Play the same song over and over with Repeat One. Now available for Premium users and free users on iPad.
  • Fixed: Smoother track skipping.
  • Fixed: We've banished some crashes.
  • Fixed: You can now delete Radio stations.

#iOS #1.1.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • When downloading tracks for offline use, the progress bar will likely not show up. We want to fix this in the next release.
  • When reporting issues, always mention what version of the Spotify app you're using
Community Ergo Sum
46 Replies

I was pointed here from my feature request. I am very dissapointed in how Spotify has handled this giant redesign. I pay $10 a month to sync "starred" music to my mobile devices. I can still sync "starred" music, but unless I'm missing something, I still can't sync it's replacement, "Saved" songs to my iOS device. For now, I have to maintain two music repositories, "saved" music for my android phone, "starred" music for my iPod. It essentially impossible to manage "starred" music from mobile devices though.

Not only am I not able to use the sole feature I pay $10 a month for, but syncing playlists is clearly buggy on iOS client. I had to uninstall/reinstall before my existing "starred" music would sync. This obviously required a full resync of my songs and delayed my workout by at least an hour today.

The radio on the desktop app is buggy too. Often when I am playing a radio station and try to switch to another, the original radio station just keeps playing. I often have to restart the app before I am able to listen to a new radio station. 

Im using Spotify version: 1.1.0.2549.

Issue: some songs of playlists which were synched and successfully downloaded for offline use, display album art on the lock screen of my iPhone using iOS 7.1.1 but when I unlock the screen and switch to the Spotify app, it shows no album art. Not in "small mode" and not in "big mode".

This issue was also reported in this thread and is still in effect in version 1.1.0.2549:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/no-album-art-in-off-line-mode-with-s...

And can anyone please explain to me, why a perfectly working Spotify app with version number < 1.0 was replaced by a buggy one? Why can't I use basic functions anymore, which actually worked in earlier versions? AFAIK, versions < 1 are alpha or beta versions which are to be developed into a more stable version. Not into a completely revamped version which makes so many things worse!?

Just wanted to say how much I love the dark design.

I don't care much for a fancy design, I want a working app. As there's no light at the end of the tunnel, I've cancelled my premium plan and switched to Deezer. What a shame but without proper support, paying money makes no sense.

I hope you guys still realize that 1.1.0 is still incredibly unstable. Songs restart after 2 seconds, songs skip without user interaction, the app will just crash without notice, often, playback will just cease after a song for no reason, using the external pause button on headphones doesn't work, and sometimes the app will say it's playing a song (the icon shows the double bar pause symbol), but it is in fact paused.

And I'm on a 5S. So maybe the 64bit arch. is causing the instability, but it sure isn't raw performance that's the problem.

Yes, what a shame. All we wanna do is listening to music not coping with app issues. I love the sound quality and I love the Windows version of Spotify. But the iOS app is crap as of version 1.0.0.

Looking to the Android forum, the situation's not really better over there:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Samsung-Galaxy-Ace-new-version-of-spotify-is-not-compat...

Spotify seems to have a new goal: to slowly but most thoroughly destroy all mobile apps. Strange business concept as all these apps used to work as earlier versions.

Hi folks. We just released a new version. You'll find more info here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts