Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.4.0

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.4.0

radiuz
Roadie

Ok ,thanks for the fast reply Phil.

So, does this mean that the playlists won`t get the filtering function but only album & artist view?

RatBoyGL
Music Fan

photo.PNG

philmg
Roadie

Hi,

Sorry but I didn't even notice that Playlists also have sorting feature.  The options are by Name, or Custom which is how you arranged them.  You can also view Playlists that are available offline.

Regards, Phil

mysticwolf
Roadie
Thanks for the queue control! I've been silently wanting this feature on iOS.
Favorite bands: Keane, Two Door Cinema Club, Muse, Needtobreathe

benissimo
Music Fan
filtering would be better if it applied to contents in sub folders. I have playlists organized in folders. If I want to find something I have to first know which folder, open it up, and then filter. I'd love it if I could use filter from the top of my playlists and it would show results from sub folders. You know, like searching for files on a computer. Instead the current implementation of filters is only useful in Your Music. Seems to me like spotify only half heartedly supports folders ( no way to drag a playlist to a different folder in iOS app for example). And the lack of Your Music in the iPad app, after all this time, is maddening. Your Music is heavily pushed in the iPhone app, but completely missing on iPad? For now I simply don't use it on iPad. But if this keeps dragging on I may explore alternatives. A shame since these gripes aside I've generally been quite happy w spotify.

dpolsrod
So, what are the changes in release 1.4.1? 🙂

Oobermann
Music Fan
Whatever it is I still can't organise my playlists? I know this is being rolled out but it's nearly been a week now? Ridiculous

Goodman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update for version 1.4.1: Only some minor backend fixes.

Community Ergo Sum

AnttiP78
Regular

> Update for version 1.4.1: Only some minor backend fixes.

Does this include a fix where Spotify's song list freezes every hour or so, and thus user is required to restart Spotify? I'm using iPad Air with iOS 7.1.2. This freezing problem started with Spotify 1.4.0.

Swanny
Community Legend

What's the intended behaviour of the play queue in this context? You use the filter box to find a song to listen to. Say you end up filtering the song list down to about ten tracks with the same word in it. You play a song from that view. When you open the play queue, it shows those ten tracks in the queue (shuffled or not). 

You leave the song playing, and go back to the filtered song list. You clear the filter box, and go back to the now playing screen and open the play queue. The play queue still shows the filtered song list in the queue. You can't clear it until you change to another track that's not in the queue already.

In the desktop app, the play queue dynamically updates if you play a song from a filtered view. So if you clear the filter, the play queue updates itself to reflect the change in the filter. Wouldn't it make sense for the iOS app to do the same thing?

SUGGESTED POSTS