Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.8.0

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.8.0)

• New: Now supports Apple CarPlay! Play Spotify in your CarPlay equipped vehicle. Just connect a compatible iPhone.
  • New: Spotify can now speak Swedish, and Québécois on iOS 8.
  • Fixed: Various new bugs on iOS 8.
Community Ergo Sum
52 Replies

Yes, they DO test the code and there IS a QA team (and ostensibly a customer service team!), but this is the same group that released a version that was hackable, then panicked into releasing a new version not compatible with millions of devices: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Samsung-Galaxy-Ace-new-version-of-spotify-is-not-compat...

So...sometimes it's very easy to find something like this and they still miss it. The lack of comments from staff (and closing the old thread while people still have questions), along with being ignored on a million other issues, is why Spotify is being called "rubbish" (their words). 

Again, why has no one answered if they'll refund people for a product they're paying for they can't open? 

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Well said Andrew32. I was so close to becoming a premium member, but honestly, the product is regressing. More and more problems....It does not instill confidence at all.

I work in IT, I understand the demands of continuous delivery, of having to test new features, and at the same time making sure no bugs are introduced. It's hard.

BUT, when you f up, you need to explain yourselves. And provide refunds when customers cannot use the service they paid for.

Spotify is great...but I will not become a premium member until they can prove they care about their customers.

I understand that things do go wrong but the handling of this by Spotify is terrible. All they have done is shown they are incompetent and do not care about customers. I can't believe it's taken them this long and still no solution.

First they need to invest in some competent developers and QA staff as clearly the current ones don't know what they are doing. Then they should be assuring customers and offering refunds to those who have paid for an unusable service.

More likely they'll probably just close this thread and ignore the problems.

iPhone 6 Plus

iOS 8.02

Please, remove the "Random" buttom.

It's very large and not used.

Another: I can't see the indicator of scroll into great lists. Please, color blank.

Thanks.

Im on ios 7.1.2 using ipod touch 5th gen and its laggy it crashes every no and then. I hate it. Please fix this. I am a premium user. Thx

*now

When the app isn't crashing and I manage to get music to play it seems that it will now only play on shuffle, despite the fact I have premium.

This is supposed to be a limitation for free users.

Yet again not getting what I'm paying for.

Will Spotify ever fix these issues?

@mitch0 - If you go to Settings > Account does it show you have Premium?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, it does.

I also have offline playlists which I believe is not possible without premium.

Seems to be another bug.

Is there any plans to bring back the smart naming of new playlists, when creating a playlist from an artist/album? The feature still exists in the desktop app, it'd be incredibly handy to have in the mobile app as well.

I'm not sure if my problem is because of this update but it's seems like the most logical reason.

I can no longer share songs with my anyone via inbox. I can recieve but it crashes every time I try to send a song.

I'm on an IPhone 5s with all the updates.

My iphone app is also crashing. Is there a fix?

Suggested posts