Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 3.7.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 3.7.0

What's new in this version (3.7.0)

• Minor improvements.

52 Replies

@Rboy2 wrote:

So let me help, here's how to replicate the issue on an iPhone 4S iOS 7.0.2:

1. Make sure you're connect to a cellular network with data enabled

2. Make sure that Wifi if turned ON but NOT CONNECTED to any WiFi hotspot (if it's connected to a WiFi then it works fine)

3. Start Spotify, it'll crash before the first screen comes up

In my case, I was connected to wi-fi at home when it was crashing everytime. In fact, I had not tried on cell data only until I read your post.

@Rboy2 wrote:

A workaroung in the meanwhile for folks

1. Put your phone into Airplane mode or Turn off WIFI

2. Start Spotify, wait for the screen to load (it will say cannot connect

3. Turn off Airplane mode or Turn on Wifi now

I confirm that your workaround worked for me. Thanks a lot!

More than that: I closed the application and re-opened it and it still worked fine even without having to disconnect the Wi-Fi connection! Now, something seems to have "stuck" in the app in the right place. I will keep in mind to go to cell data only and back in case the app crashes again.

You're welcome!

Meredith, where should I send the invoice? 🙂

@Rboy2 wrote:

A workaroung in the meanwhile for folks

1. Put your phone into Airplane mode or Turn off WIFI

2. Start Spotify, wait for the screen to load (it will say cannot connect

3. Turn off Airplane mode or Turn on Wifi now

I confirm that your workaround worked for me too.

Note however that the bluetooth does get disconnected in this prcoess so there is an additional step of reconnecting the car wifi.

Would love for there to be a permanent fix in the next update.

I am super annoyed... I pay for premium and I haven't been able to listen to my music on my iPhone 6 since my last payment was taken out of my account... Mine lets me log in and search for music but it won't play any songs. I tried logging out and back in and I tried re-downloading the app and nothing works... It won't work on my iMac either...

Spotify keeps crashing on iphone 4 after update

I have a premium account and I would like to listen to some music.

Apple music sounds nice.

Updated app on my iPhone and it crashes
Deleted and re- downloaded, same issue
And I'm paying for PREMIUM

Same here. Premium account, iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1. Crashes on launch.

I found this on another thread...worked for me (running an iphone 4s).

1.  delete spotify app

2.  hard reset your phone

3.  re install spotify app and login.

Spotify now works for me both with wifi and using 4g

I see that Spotify has a new version available for download, v. 3.8.0 (Aug 31 2015). Before updating to this version I'd like to know if the problem of crashing for iPhone 4S (mine is iOS 7.0.2) users has now been fixed? Please can somebody attest to this?

@meahtenoha wrote:

What's new in this version (3.7.0)

• Minor improvements.

I wasI was hoping the offline modus of Spotify would been inproved! still this is a nightmare...
Not happy

Where are the changelogs for V. 3.8.0, 3.9.0 and V 4.0?

Have noticed a few changes, but do expect you to let us know what has been done.

need help wont let me logg in on iphone . password and username is good but still wont log me in

please help

its say password and username is invalid

Bluetooth headphones not working anymore. Every other apps works whith bt phones but not spotify

what happened here? this must be the worst app iv ever installed on my iphone.

scrolling freezes constantly, massive lags regardless if i play offline or online. play stops every time i try to scoll (!)

impossible to listen thru a single song without multiple long pauses and clicking sounds (no there is NOTHING wrong with my internet connection)

funny enough i have a spare 4-5 year old xperia tipo phone that works flawlessly (older client) even though the phone har a much slower prosessor

the annoying part with apple store is you cant downgrade the software

ios 7, iphone 4s and 5. noen of these problems are on my ipad 2`s (same version software i guess but ios8)

Why is this thread still sticky? I have just noticed the version 5.4.0 popping up as an update in the app store and this thread is for 3.7.0. Why isn't there a relase thread referencing each new release? I would like to read comments on the releases before installing updates incase there are issues with the update.

would also like to know 😕 

why are there no more changelog updates? :(((((

I can't even upgrade to premium through my iPhone using a iTunes card because I don't have a credit card this is bull

Issue w/ spotify connect on Bose sound touch. Plays some tracks but not all. iOS 8.1.2

This app barely works and forces me into offline mode and won't let me use any utlities but my music library, i've been troubleshooting it and there is no way to get it to stop besides fixing the bug ridden code, its a miracle I was even able to log into the app today after re installing for the 5th time this week.

Suggested posts