Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Spotify controls from lock screen on iPhone

Remove Spotify controls from lock screen on iPhone

Is there a way to remove the Spotify controls completely from the lock screen on my iPhone XR running iOS 13?

I keep pressing pause or skipping tracks when I'm holding my phone and I swear I will throw this phone across the room if I miss my favourite part of a song again! 

I've tried turning off notifications in the iPhone settings, but that does naff all.

7 Replies

Hey @katyjaneod, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Unfortunately that's an iOS feature that you can't disable. Everything that is playing something will show up there.

Thanks 🙂

Sorry, this is not possible.

Are you satisfied with this answer?

Why are you asking people to tag Your answer as a solution when you have not solved or explained anything? Why is this feature not being developed? Spotify and the community should encourage new features, especially when they are as frequently requested as this one.

Hey @lovestory and @katyjaneod,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community!

Currently there isn't a way to remove the Spotify controls from the lock screen, however we're always open to new ideas. You can however submit an idea on our board, that requests this feature. This page has detailed instructions on how to do this.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what improvements our users would like to see and how many people support a specific idea. You can learn more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Couldn't agree more. I run a lot, and my iphone's screen rubs against my running pant pockets. Which means I have to carry the damn thing in my hand to stop the app from constantly skipping to a new song. I can't imagine how many of your subscribers are annoyed.

This is the most annoying thing. At least give us a way to remove it off the screen, like any other notification!!! 

Suggested posts