Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing the ability to sort saved music by Artist is absurd.

Removing the ability to sort saved music by Artist is absurd.

It is such a massive step back and is such a baffling decision of design. I think I have complained on a companies internet page maybe once ever in my life but this is such a drastic change to a thing I use every day in my life that I feel compelled to shout into this void. Design should compliment and improve utility, utility shouldn't be sacrificed for design. You guys got it twisted on this one.

3 Replies

Hi PapaJamon,

I don't know if this will be much help to you, but you can at the very least sort your Liked Songs playlist by artist by pulling down on the screen and selecting filters. I don't know why Spotify removed the ability to separate your music by artists, but maybe this will help you in the meantime. A workaround would be to make a playlist of an artist's music you have saved, but I believe this would require using the desktop app unless you wanted to add each song one by one. 😞 

I tried that method but when you have thousands of songs you have to scroll through each song for each artists instead of just scrolling thru the alphabet to the letter "S," for example, to find an artist that begins with "s". 

A good way to illustrate how backwards this is is to remember the days or mp3 data CD's and data CD players. You could fit lots of songs onto them but they had clunky interfaces that put all the songs in one pool and to find any one song you had to scroll through all the other songs. A few years later the iPod came out and organized your library of files into an alphabetical list. It was revolutionary, it was a step forward, it made sense. This Spotify update is taking a step backwards from having a song library that is organized back into just having a pool of media with limited ways to display it.

Hi again,

I do agree that the loss of the alphabetical scroll bar is a bummer. Maybe Spotify will take some of these concerns to heart and consider reverting them. 

Suggested posts