Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 15.6.1

My Question or Issue

I am unable to reorder songs in my playlists using the app. This seems like a basic function. What am I missing? Thanks!

4 Replies

Hi @KLLB1975! Welcome to the Community! Hope you're having a great day so far! 🙂 

Free users don't have this option in the Spotify mobile app, but you can reorder the songs on your playlists using the Desktop app, even as a free user.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any other concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to the Community, we're here to help!

/Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you. I has a premium account recently and also didn’t have this
functionality. I also partner with someone on our music team that has a
current premium subscription and she doesn’t have the functionality either.
Any tips?

Hey @KLLB1975! Thanks for getting back to us!

As you're now on the Premium plan, can you confirm if you can see the following option: Go to the playlist (you need to be the owner) > Tree dots >  Edit. You should see a screen like this below:

example.jpg

I put a red arrow to indicate where you can reorder the songs in your playlist in edition mode. Tell me if this is the right thing that you're talking about.

I'll be on the lookout for your reply.

/Mateus

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I just searched for the answer to this myself and realized the playlist I was editing was on the special shuffle option. When you turn off shuffle it enables the ability to modify your playlist order again 

Suggested posts