Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Repeat Enabled Automatically When Connected to Car

Repeat Enabled Automatically When Connected to Car

Device

iPhone 7, always latest version of iOS and Spotify

Operating System

iOS 10

This is an issue that was discussed for months, and finally solved back in April. But it seems with the latest update, it's back, and it's driving me nuts even more this time around. Here's the old thread, which is now closed.

When my phone connects to my car, via Bluetooth or AUX, repeat is enabled automatically, the second the connection is made. This happens every single time, without fail. I don't ever want repeat enabled, so this is a major nuisance for me. Once it's enabled on my phone, it caries through to other devices.

I've gone through several rounds of troubleshooting over the months via this community, direct support, and Twitter support. It is not an issue with my device or my vehicle, it is a software issue. It was resolved for a while, and now it's back.

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey folks,

For anyone still experiencing this, please check out the top answer in this thread and make sure to post the requested info so we can forward it to our developers.

Thanks!

49 Replies

Have Spotify a fix for this issue? My partner has the same issue in her car when connected via aux.

Hey there! Ford Sync with wired connection to my iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 15.4.1 - having the same issue. Right after connecting the loop function gets enabled and stays enabled even after disconnecting the phone. If you forget to check when you start a radio play when going to sleep, you'll be waken up in the middle of the night realising it is still playing. Very annoying.

I’m having a similar issues. The same songs play over and over on my playlist unless I turn this feature off. It’s really annoying and planning to go look at different options since this hasn’t been addressed in an appropriate timeframe.

IPHONE XR 15.4.1  spotify 8.7.38.1353 FOrd Sync -  same issue, im about to go crazy....

This is still happening for me. Any fix coming? Iphone 11 on iOS 15.6 with a Subaru 2016 WRX. 

2013 BMW Z4 sdrive28i with iphone 13mini (ios 15.4.1) spotify version 8.7.30.1342

I have the same problem. No matter the phone vehicle nothing.  I’m currently a Premium user on iPhone 12 Pro Max running IOS 16.0.2

I GOT MINE TO WORK NORMAL AGAIN.

This post will be a journal of what I did to get it to work and how I troubleshoot’ed it lol

2016 Ford Explorer Interceptor w/ SYNC bluetooth (I think SYNC 3)

apple iPhone 11, was iOS 15.7, now iOS 16.0.3

spotify version 8.7.68.568 throughout

I’ve had this issue for the last three days.

As far as I can tell, I only have this issue in Spotify when connected to my car. If I’m not connected to my car, I can skip or go back tracks and the app won’t turn repeat on unless I hit the repeat button. The second that I connect to my car, repeat automatically turns on or it turns on upon the first track change; I can physically watch the app turn repeat on by itself.

I have a JBL Charge 2 speaker I use at home (iPhone Spotify on Bluetooth as the source) that Spotify does not turn repeat on unless I turn it on.

And my PS5, I listen to Spotify in the background while gaming and Spotify does not turn on the repeat there either. It’s just my car as I’ve experienced when using my phone Spotify app to connect to it.

For troubleshooting:

I restarted my phone on iOS 15.7, no luck. I deleted the Bluetooth connection to my phone in my car and ‘forgot’ the SYNC Bluetooth connection on my iPhone. I downloaded iOS 16.0.3 (most current iOS at this time) restarted my phone and again no luck as it was still turning repeat on when I connected to the car.

I deleted Spotify from my iPhone, redownloaded it from the App Store and poof, it’s working normal again. I’ve been connected to my car for 20 minutes now skipping tracks and played four tracks through start to finish and the app has yet to turn on repeat on its own. If it starts again, I’ll return to this board to tell y’all.

Good luck!!

I’m back. That didn’t last long. It took one disconnect from my car/reconnect and the app is back to turning repeat on automatically after every track change. This is so annoying Spotify please fix this with firmware or software in an update. It’s been years people have been dealing with this. I’m only at 3 days and this is awful

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this and for sharing your device info and troubleshooting process.

We're currently looking into this issue along our tech teams in order to figure out what has started causing this issue again.

We'll let you know here as soon as we have more information.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue here Lexus CT + iPhone SE2

Very annoying indeed!!! One quick drive, listening to the radio in the Audi and when back in the house spotify has applied repeat to the current album in the ihpone. Same happens to my wife's iphone when she is the car DJ, after a while we start noticing the playlist is on repeat - every time!

This issue is still happening. Can we please have a meaningful update from Spotify?

Thank you for your helpful response. Just understand that this makes Spotify unusable when driving, which is the majority of time I spend listening to music. If this issue is not resolved, I will have to uninstall Spotify and cancel my subscription, and it seems like there are a lot of people in this thread that will likely do the same.

Suuuuper infuriating! Ford fiesta, iPhone 14 and iOS 16.3.1 and it’s looping but skipping every song so can’t use Spotify at all when driving - please please tell me there’s a fix sooner rather than later because by the looks of this thread the issue hasn’t been resolved for years now and it’s always the same “we’re looking into it” response😭😭

Yeah, same issue here as well.  On iPhone 13 Pro with latest iOS update.  Very infuriating that it always defaults to repeat as soon as I connect to my car's bluetooth (a Toyota Rav4).

I will uninstall because of this. Audi q5 2019. iPhone 14 pro max. iOS 16.3.1

iPhone 7 plus. iOS 15.7. Spotify version: 8.8.32.533
Ford Escape (either line in connection or bluetooth wireless)

Have this problem with iphone 14 pro and 2014 bmw f11. Please spotify fix the problem, because it unusable because of this problem.

5 years later and this is still a problem. Too busy finding ways to sneak podcasts into my feed instead of making the software useable.

Suggested posts