Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Repeating songs wont turn off

Solved!

Repeating songs wont turn off

I have an iphone and have premium spotify

i always listen to my playlists and leave them on shuffle so my shuffle icon is always lit. Seems to now be the default

why i notice now is that the repeat now seems to be in default as well and i want it off

everytime i get in my car my repeat button is automatically lit so it plays same playlist shuffle tracks as last time

I turn off the repeat icon and reshuffle the tracks but next time i get in my car and turn on spotify the repeat icon is lit again and i am listenting to same tracks again

how do i turn off repeat permenantely?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Davsol20, help's here!

To check, have you clicked your Repeat function once? Tapping it once should repeat the playlist once it's finished all tracks entirely (in Shuffle Mode or not), and tapping it twice should loop the song you're currently on.

On a seperate note, you might want to turn off the Autoplay function. This will stop related tracks from automatically playing after your queued tracks play. To toggle this, go to Your Library > Settings cog > Playback > toggle Autoplay off.

You mention this Repeat function lock is happening in your car. We'd recommend a reinstall of the app, checking your device for firmware updates, and checking the car's infotainment system for similar updates.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Davsol20, help's here!

To check, have you clicked your Repeat function once? Tapping it once should repeat the playlist once it's finished all tracks entirely (in Shuffle Mode or not), and tapping it twice should loop the song you're currently on.

On a seperate note, you might want to turn off the Autoplay function. This will stop related tracks from automatically playing after your queued tracks play. To toggle this, go to Your Library > Settings cog > Playback > toggle Autoplay off.

You mention this Repeat function lock is happening in your car. We'd recommend a reinstall of the app, checking your device for firmware updates, and checking the car's infotainment system for similar updates.

Hope this helps!

Yeah this is happening on two of my devices when does offline one is online the one online is what I use in my vehicle I cannot shut off repeat option. So the fact that you think that reinstalling after uninstalling the app is going to fix the issue I doubt it it's happening on more than one device I think it's on your end.

Hey @erik_venzor2001,

Thank you for joining the conversation and welcome to the Community.

Since this issue is commonly related to damaged cache files stored on the devices, we'd usually recommend performing the clean reinstall process previously mentioned. This also ensures that your devices are running the latest available version of the app.

Taking this into account, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of the affected devices, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

Also, and if possible, could you record a short video where we can take a better look at the behavior you're describing? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts