Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Restore IPOD Nano backup

Restore IPOD Nano backup

Hi everybody,

As I read, several persons wrote about the same problem in this forum. But I was unable to find any answer to the problem.

When I connected my iPod Nano to the computer, spotify asked if I wanted to synchronize its music with the iPod and of course I chose the backup option. However, Spotify only erased the iPod content without creating any backup file in the folder I chose.

Does anybody know if I can recover my thousands of songs or if Spotify just killed my music?

16 Replies

The same has just happened to me, I have lost everything - no backup files was created. Not happy

I don't have an ipod but can't you restore it using itunes?

Yes you can, but you have to re-add playlists, download again any purchases from Amazon, tesco etc.

You have also lost all ratings for tracks, how often played etc.

Fortunately - I did not have any videos and photos on there, otherwise it would be even worse.

It will take days to get it back as it was.

I've seen this a few times. Seems odd that spotify offers to create a backup and no one can find it later. Have you tried submitting an online contact form ? If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

It would be pretty useful to get a definitive reply 🙂

According to: 

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-sync-iPod-with-Spotify

It is meant to offer you to choose the backup location, does it not do that? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes you can, but you have to re-add playlists, download again any purchases. You have also lost all ratings for tracks, how often played etc. Fortunately -with the help of iPod Data Recovery software, and I did not have any videos and photos on there, otherwise it would be even worse. It will take days to get it back as it was. i restore my iPod successfully, and i recommand you to have a try of it! Read more: http://www.recovery-ipad.com/ 

In order to recover data from iPod backup, run through the following 4 easy steps:

STEP 1:Make sure iTunes doesn’t automatically sync with iPhone when connected.

STEP 2:Connect your iPod to iTunes and Back up by selecting Preferences > Backup from iTunes, or right-click on your iPod and choose back up.

STEP 3:Restore your iPod by selecting Restore under Preferences.

Learn more: iPod data recovery

Well, as Apple fans, I think you also want to know the techniques of data recovery:

1. iPad photos lost: how to retrieve deleted photos from iPad

2. Lost notes on iPhone: how to retrieve deleted notes on iPhone

3. Deleted iPhone text messages by mistake: how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone

4. Find lost iPhone photos: how to recover deleted pictures from iPhone

Hi, you can restore files from iPod with Kvisoft Data Recovery Software Mac.

Here is the guide for you:

How to Recover Music from iPod

Hi, you can recover your files from iPod with Kvisoft Mac Recovery Softeware. With it, you can restore your thousands of songs.

It can be very easy for you to recover iPod Nano backup files. With iPhone iTunes Data Recovery, you can easily carry out the conversion. This program can recover files including photos, videos, audios, documents, and so on. In addition, you do not need to recover all the backup files, for you can select the files you need to recover. 

1. Run the iTunes data recovery, select the recover mode

2. Select the backup files

3. Preview and recover the files you need. 

Source: http://www.iorgsoft.com/

There is abother easier solution here, you just need to use an iPhone data recovery to restore IPOD Nano backup. Only need trhee simples teps, you can get back the files. 

1. Run this iOS data recovery software, 

2. Select the itunes backup files

3. Preview and recover the backuop files. 

Related post: retrieve deleted text messages iPhone

Backups do not contain all of your data, photos, music and apps. They consist of just the record of what that data was, and the settings you had at the time of the backup. The backups are not like Time Machine where you can recover deleted/lost files with iPhone Data Recovery
When you recover deleted photos from iPhone, you will still have to reinstall your apps. The settings you had for them will be there, but not the apps themselves or the other data (music, photos, etc.). You have to restore that manually.

I used the Kvisoft ipod data recovery mac to help me extract lost files from backup files, you can do that too.

iPhone photo recovery supoports to recover data from iPod Nano, see more details how to recover deleted photos from iPhone

Suggested posts