Premium

Country

U.K

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

ios14

My Question or Issue

When I used to get in to my car my phone would connect to bluetooth and automatically resume Spotify playback. Since the IOS14 update now when I get in to the car the phone will connect to bluetooth but the car displays the message "bluetooth audio paused".  I have to open the app for playback to resume (I just have to open the app, I do not have to press play). This is a little annoying as I now have to access my phone each time. 

Hope we can find a fix. 

3 Replies

Hey @rvendor121, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I see you are on iOS 14.0, I'd suggest updating to iOS 14.1 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi there,

Yes I have tried to restart, clean reinstall and even tried to reconnect my device to the car but none seem to work. That being said it occasionally does connect and automatically resume playback but more often it doesn't and will display the  "Bluetooth audio paused" message on the car.  

I've even closed all my other apps except spotify (incase one was interfering) before getting in to the car and this hasn't solved it. 

I am running IOS 14.1 with spotify version 8.5.81.1110

Thank you

Hey @rvendor121,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the troubleshooting you've done!

Did you notice if there's anything else going on when the playback doesn't start automatically? Something like the battery being bellow a certain percentage, or having another Bluetooth device connected right before? The more info we can get on these circumstances, the quicker we can find out what's causing this.

In any case it's a good idea to double check if the Spotify app has all necessary permissions and is excluded from all power saving option. It's also worthwhile to check if toggling the car view setting between the different options ( never / only in a car / always) makes a difference in the autostart behavior. You can find instructions for this here

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts