Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reverse order ? How can I have back Starred Playlist ?

Solved!

Reverse order ? How can I have back Starred Playlist ?

Hello !

Since yesterday,the order on my playlist just changed,to the oldest on the top to the newest on the bottom,same when I added a song on it..

By mistake I deleted my Starred playlist,and I don't know how to fiw that,any solutions ? Please 😞

Reload

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey !

I maybe found a solution !

DON'T DELETE your playlist !

But,in the app,just go to the top and tap the 3 little bars on the right,and choose "Add recently" and everything is fine 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This is because the starred playlist used to show the newly added songs at the top.

Spotify has converted all starred playlists into regular playlists to give users more control over it, so the most recently added songs will now be at the bottom like regular playlists.

To show the newly added tracks at the top,

When you are in a playlist scroll up the the top and tap on this and then select "Recently Added"

iOSsort.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

Pull down from the top to get it to show if you only see the three dots

Marked as solution

How to reverse order in your playlist ;

step one: tap your playlist

step two: slide the  playlist to the very top ( you now see four artists and your name)

step three : slide your finger just a bit down, next to the four pictures 

step four : you now see the three Lines (not dots ... ) tap it and mark ' recently added'. Voila 🙂

hope this helps, enjoy your music 😄 

24 Replies

I'm having the same issue with my new iPhone. The problem just happened a couple days ago, where my "Starred" playlist has been reversed. My newest songs have gone to the bottom, and after they play the playlist ends like they were my last songs. Even when I add a new song it goes straight to the bottom of the playlist. I have tried deleting the entire playlist and readding all the songs, and I have tried flipping them on the computer, and resyncing.

Marked as solution

Hey !

I maybe found a solution !

DON'T DELETE your playlist !

But,in the app,just go to the top and tap the 3 little bars on the right,and choose "Add recently" and everything is fine 🙂

I don't have that option in the 3 dots menu in the list 😞

Man,that's strange.. 

Try to update your app.

They don't say "Add Recently" ? What options do you have ?

I agree, it is very frustrating since I accidentally deleted my starred as well and now I have been using a normal playlist. This would be fine but every time I add a new song its at the bottom of the playlist when I want to listen to the most recently added songs first. It is fine in the normal Spotify since I can change the order by date added but in the app I cannot do this so I keep having to manually change the order. PLEASE FIX or find a solution! Thanks 🙂

You cannot use my solution ? With the 3 little bars ? 

You can recover your playlist,click here : https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

🙂

I was able to recover my playlist but it still is adding songs to the bottom of the playlist rather than the top. The three bars do not have the option for add recently. Like I said earlier its a problem with not being able to change the order in the app to have the most recently added at the top and not the bottom. 

Man,that's strange,I managed to put everything just like before.. I'm in France,that's maybe why ? But the three bars were my only option

Marked as solution

This is because the starred playlist used to show the newly added songs at the top.

Spotify has converted all starred playlists into regular playlists to give users more control over it, so the most recently added songs will now be at the bottom like regular playlists.

To show the newly added tracks at the top,

When you are in a playlist scroll up the the top and tap on this and then select "Recently Added"

iOSsort.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Pull down from the top to get it to show if you only see the three dots

I don't have a recently added selection in Spotify 

Marked as solution

How to reverse order in your playlist ;

step one: tap your playlist

step two: slide the  playlist to the very top ( you now see four artists and your name)

step three : slide your finger just a bit down, next to the four pictures 

step four : you now see the three Lines (not dots ... ) tap it and mark ' recently added'. Voila 🙂

hope this helps, enjoy your music 😄 

This is the solution!  not the 3 dots, but rather scroll down as instructed and you will get a search box "filter" there are 3 lines to the right, not dots.  This is where the "Recently Added" selection is.  Thank you!!

Genius! I googled same order/starred issue & this thread was #1. Well, now I've earned a "duh" trophy because bars (not dots) fixed it!!! THANKS!

big thank you!

There are no lines next to the filter input on my iPhone. This is reallt frustrating! Any other way to do it or should I see what Deezer's like? 🐵

Hi guys I had this problem some time ago and didn't do anything about it then.  The

answer now is no longer correct as spotify has had changes made to it.  All you do to invert your playlist now is click on the small icon which looks like a car battery and hey presto it's done.  Hope this helps some of you.

Thank you so much, Xarerita, for the guide! Apparently I'm not the sharpest spoon in the shed and didn't get what these guys meant with the "small bars". Thaaaanks.

You just rocked my world. This app is a life necessity for me and I could not for the life of me figure this out. So thank you.

Suggested posts