Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reverse sort playlist

Solved!

Reverse sort playlist

Premium - US - iPhone 8 - ios12

large playlist takes long time to scroll down to recently added (and most likely to be played). Wish to have a feature where you can flip the order of the playlists to start woth recently added at top instead of bottom. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sn3328, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Your wish got granted! Just swipe down when you're inside that playlist and a search filter with a menu next to it will appear. Tap the menu and select Recently added, then your playlist will literally be upside down with the recently added songs on the top. No need for scrolling anymore to the bottom.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @sn3328, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Your wish got granted! Just swipe down when you're inside that playlist and a search filter with a menu next to it will appear. Tap the menu and select Recently added, then your playlist will literally be upside down with the recently added songs on the top. No need for scrolling anymore to the bottom.

Hope it helps 🙂

SPOTIFY IS THE GREATEST!!!!

thanks so much. This is excellent 

this doesn't reverse playlist order, it sorts the playlist by date added

And I for one would like to keep my playlist sorted by date added, with oldest at top ... sort options are good,  but where's the reverse order button? 🙂

Hi there @Chaustemplea,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

You should be able to click on the arrow right next to date added to reverse the order.

If you don't see it, can you click on full screen?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This actually worked, and like grstk says it doesn't reverse the playlist order, rather reverses by date added.   This is actually what I needed for my Starred playlist as it has been getting rather long.   It actually keeps the album song ordering too.

I had to stop using playlists in the iOS version because scrolling through a playlist takes forever now that it presents a million replicated copies of the same album covers over and over.   With this solution it has become sort of bareable, unless you want to browse through a playlist, not just look at the start or end of it.    Still classic UI on desktop is the gold standard for how it should be done from a usability perspective.

Hi there @ManMachine,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad that everything works as it should for you 🙂

The best way to provide your feedback regarding the new desktop version would be in this thread.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes well, except for getting somewhere else that the start or end of the playlist but I guess that wasn't the question asked here.

But how can you reverse the "custom order"? Reversing by date added does not allow you to modify the order of songs. There has to be another way? Spotify has existed for how many years?

Hey there @Wonderboy75,

Thanks for the post.

You can't reverse the Custom Order, since that's a manual order in which you can drag songs around as you like, allowing you to re-arrange the playlists in whatever way you like. The other sorting options automatically sort the songs by a criteria like Date Added/ Artist/ Album etc.

Hope this clears things up.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's a lot of top-lists out there, and I would like to play them in reverse costum order. Number 1 should be played last

At the end of year I am always looking for this option…

I think, right now you can order your playlist based on: Title, Artist, Date Added, “Custom Order”. Etc. 

After you have selected how you want to sort your list you can “invert” the order using the arrow next to the option you selected or click again in the option to change the orientation of the arrow. 

Ex: if you select “Date added” the first song you added to your list will be on top down to the last one you added. If you want it “invert” you just click the arrow next to “Date Added” and you get the last song added on top down to the first one added. 

You have that feature in all the options except in “Custom order”. Now, Why would you want to “invert” your playlist sorted in “Custom order”? In my case, because of WRAPPED. 

Every year when Spotify launches Wrapped, your top songs playlist is sorted based on how many times you listen to that song. The most listened on top going down to the less listened. All your songs are added the same day in the playlist. 

Now if you want to listen to your top 100 starting from the bottom (Like a top list should be) you cannot do it, because all the songs were added the same day and that specific playlist is sorted by default in “Custom order”. That’s why I would like an option to “invert” the “custom order” sorted playlist, so in my case, I can begin listening to my top 100 playlist and finish with my most popular song. 

This option could add other benefits, but this is one of them. Like have been said: "There are a lot of top-lists in Spotify and Number 1 should be played last".

You can use the Playlist Sorter from Chosic: https://www.chosic.com/spotify-playlist-sorter/

Just click on the # on top of the left column and it reverses the order. Then you can save it as new playlist.

This does not solve the problem. As mentioned before it sorts that playlist by date added. If I find old songs that i want to add or readd to that playlist the date added will become recently added and I will loose the order of the songs.

Suggested posts