Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Running playlist generates same songs every time

Running playlist generates same songs every time

Hi, recently I stated using the Running feature. I run at the same pace every time (160 bpm) and when I choose "Recommended for you" playlist it always (and I mean always) starts playing a set of about 7-10 same songs (in the same order actually) after startung to shuffle the rest of them. Did anyone else notice this? I already suggested it to the developers using the TestFlight report but I'm wondering if it's only my problem.
7 Replies

I think the reason this is happening is because when you run at a certain BPM, it picks songs that are around the same BPM.  These playlists pick from a range of songs that match your running speed, unfortunately, if you run at the same speed everytime, you're going to hear the same songs.  You can manually bump the bpm up and down however.

That's not the problem, what I meant is that the playlist generates same set of 5-6 same songs at the start. It's weird that supposed "random" order of the songs uses them every time. If i skip them new songs start appearing. And changing the tempo isn't that easy when you have short legs and you're starting to train 😛

Ohh gotcha.  Yes then it sounds like there's some sort of bug.  I just tried it out on my phone and it appears to be working properly and shuffling.  Sorry I couldn't help!

Maybe I have a very specific taste according to spotify algorithms... But really, amongst several milion sons available in the library I'm presented with a constant set of songs...? 😛

You are not alone. My running playlist is exactly the same! Even after using it for a few weeks, it still plays the exact same songs in the exact same order.

Anyone knows a solution for this? I get better results with the spotify running playlist based on my music taste, but I'm tired of the same songs every training.

Same here. Would be nice if we could apply the bpm filter to other playlists rather than just using the personalized one Spotify makes for you. 

Suggested posts