Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[SOLVED] BUG: All "Saved" songs are downloading to phone, ignoring the "Download" option

[SOLVED] BUG: All "Saved" songs are downloading to phone, ignoring the "Download" option

SOLUTION:

You have to delete and reinstall the app, this will reset everything and the saved songs will now respect the "Download" option

iOS App version 6.8.0.3786

I use Spotify all the time and I have noticed that it is downloading all "Saved" songs, ignoring the "Download" option. Which is filling up all avaliable memory on my phone. Every time I save a song I get a "Download Error" alert on my phone (see screenshots below). This is an extremly annoying bug. "Save" should not mean "Download".

SCREENSHOTS:

"Download Error" alert with Saved to Your Library popup. This happens right after I "Save" a song, notice "Download" is disabled.

Download Error popup with Saved to Your Library popup. This happens right after I "Save" a song, notice "Download" is disabled.

Clearer view of "Download Error" alert.

Clearer view of "Download Error" alert

"Saved" song queued for download when "Download" disabled. This song should not be queued for download since "Download" is disabled.

"Saved" song waiting for download when "Download" disabled. This song should not be queued for download since "Download" is disabled.

"Saved" song downloaded when "Download" disabled. This song should not be downloaded since I have "Download" disabled.

"Saved" song downloaded when "Download" disabled. This song should not be downloaded since I have "Download" disabled.

0 Replies

Suggested posts