Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SOLVED - LOCAL FILES WONT SYNC TO IPHONE!!!!

SOLVED - LOCAL FILES WONT SYNC TO IPHONE!!!!

I almost cancelled spotify because this feature broke and I have to have it for my classes that I teach.

I figured it out today.  The issue is that if you try and add files that don't have an artist, title, and album tagged on them, they will not go.  Sometimes when you download something direct from a producer, DJ, or remixer, there is no ID3 tag on the file, or the title has the artist - title - remixer, but the album and artist is blank.

So to fix, I did this:

Song Name: Too Good At Goodbyes

Artist: Sam Smith

Album: Barry Harris Remix

Did the same thing with Calvin Harris - Feels and it worked! YAY!!

11 Replies

Hello dear community!

I had this issue now for a long long time and it really starts to annoy me.

I often create playlists with a mix of spotify songs and songs from my local files (since not all Kpop artists have spotify profiles)

I sync the playlists and everything works fine on my phone and on my computer.

But after several weeks, the local file songs just stop working on my phone for no reason. Deleting them and putting them back inside the playlist doesnt work, resyncing and downloading the playlist doesnt help either.

I attached the error message I get.

I'm really starting to feel frustrated about this since i have to download the songs new onto my computer to itunes and then put them back into the playlist from the local files on spotify just to find them not working again after a couple of weeks.

I hope someone can help me out.

Thank you and best regards

spotify error.jpg

ive had this problem for a while now and ive tried litrally everything! so i have a load of songs on my laptop (in local files) that i want to be able to play offline on my phone. ive put them all in a playlist and have selected downloaded on both my phone and laptop. HOWEVER, when i go ont the playlist on my phone none of the songs appear and it says its empty but on my laptop they are there but with gray writeing and a grey arrow. ive tried toggleing the dowload switch on and off, reintailing the app on my phone and reconnecting to the internet! its so annoying!i used to be to sync songs but the past year i havent been able to. have they taken away this feature?? any help is good! thank you!!!

I recently tried to sync some music to my iPhone from my PC.  I've placed them in a playlist and turned the download switch on for that playlist on both devices.  On my iPhone, the files are grayed out and when I try to pley, it tells me they're not available.  I've tried reinstalling Spotify, turning off Windows firewall and any other solutions I could find.  I've tried this with both music that I bought and mp3 files I created myself, with the same result.  Is this feature broken or am I missing something?  Are there any workarounds, like importing files into Spotify from the new file system in iOS 11?

Hi all,

I've merged a number of topics into one here, regarding Local Files on the iPhone.

If you're still having difficulty, feel free to post back with:

• Your model of iPhone
  • Your version of iOS
  • Your version of Spotify
  • Details of the Desktop Device involved
  • If both devices are on the same connection

Thanks!

Hello Jack

I have a different problem. As i mentioned the songs work fine for a month or two and then suddenly stop working... I've seen the posts where the songs dont work in general so i would be very happy if you could make my topic a single topic again since it's different. thank you.

iPhone 7 (problem also before on iPhone 6)

iOS 11.1.2 (problem also on iOS 10)

details of my desktop? what kind of information do you need exactly?

yes both devices are on the same connection otherwise they wouldnt work for a couple of months.

Regards

I have the exact same problem, but now ALL local files have stopped on the iphone rather than just one or two.

I have an Iphone 8 with IOS 11

Spotify 8.4.28.1104 on iphone

Trying to connect to Windows 1064bit on the same network and wifi.

please help

Can't solve the problem even with metadata added onto the song files.

This is so frustrating and I have to say iTune is doing absolutely no problem in this. 

Please help or eles I do really have to switch to iTune.

iphone 6 with iOS 11.2

Brilliant - thank you, fixed it for me: I found that the problem was in the song name:

If it had lots of underscores & dashes in it, it wouldn’t work.

Conor-Maynard-Elastic-Heart-•-Love-Me-Like-You-Do-DJ-Tronky-Bachata-Remix.mp3

To make them work, I had to go back to my local files on my PC & rename them to look like:

Conor Maynard Elastic Heart Love Me Like You Do DJ Tronky Bachata Remix.mp3

Full fix:

"So just the other day I got the new iPhone X, which came with IOS 11.

The changeover was really great with just one problem only. That was that some mp3’s I had included in my playlists, either wouldn’t download to the new phone or wouldn’t play anymore.

With the help of this article I found that the problem was in the song name:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/SOLVED-LOCAL-FILES-WONT-SYNC-TO-IPHONE/td-p/3247451

If it had lots of underscores & dashes in it, it wouldn’t work.

Conor-Maynard-Elastic-Heart-•-Love-Me-Like-You-Do-DJ-Tronky-Bachata-Remix.mp3

To make them work, I had to go back to my local files on my PC & rename them to look like:

Conor Maynard Elastic Heart Love Me Like You Do DJ Tronky Bachata Remix.mp3

Then, I had to put each one back in the playlist where I wanted it, then they all downloaded & worked as long as I was on the same wifi (both computer & iphone).

Trap: For your local Spotify sources (in Preferences), check where the song is kept (open the container) – you may find like me that they were in both “Downloads” & the folder where I keep my downloaded songs, so in preferences I switched off downloads & just kept the other, which was where I had edited the song names….

Hope that helps you or someone else – good to have it solved….

Hasnt fixed a thing for me, all of my songs are correctly named with no '-' or under scores. even in windows the contributing artists etc are all saved correctly.

spotify need to fix !!

I have the same problem, that just one song isn't playable on iPhone (SE with iOS 11.2.1) and iPad (5th generation with iOS 11.2.1). None of the above solutions helped to make this one song playable.
Looking forward for a solution from Spotify!

resolved

Suggested posts