SONOS speakers disappeared from Spotify

Highlighted

SONOS speakers disappeared from Spotify

Casual Listener

In Spotify, my SONOS speakers are no longer an option on any device; however, I can see Spotify within the SONOS apps (devices are below).  I don't particularly like using the SONOS app, and would rather run Spotify with the options to use the SONOS speakers.

There was a recent SONOS firmware upgrade, but this just came out of nowhere this morning.

There seem to be quite a few posts about this on the community pages here, but no solutions.

To **bleep** this in the bud: I have reinstalled Spotify on a few devices, and yes I am on the same WiFi network.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Device

(iPhone 8, iPad Pro 2017, Macbook Pro early 2020)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: SONOS speakers disappeared from Spotify

Regular

I have this issue constantly. I wish they would add something to push them to be rediscovered as it seems pretty random when it does actually see them for me.

Highlighted

Visitor

Spotify integration with Sonos is terrible and always has been. They need to fix it.
For me the spotify app loses any speakers that the sonos app is controlling, i.e I've been in and grouped with another speaker/room. Or I've asked Alexa to play some music. I often have to go into the Sonos app and end the session on speakers so that they appear in Spotify again. Doesn't always work tho.

Highlighted

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual reinstall. If that doesn't help, you can try re-linking your account in the Sonos app.

If the issue persists, you can try with another network. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
SUGGESTED POSTS